Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Alright so I need advice. Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
Last week I met a lady in my neighborhood she came by the next and we were talking becoming friends. I am not exactly sure which house is hers. Well anyways she took off with my dog. She is now going around to the vet and breeder asking for things and pretending to be me. I tried filing a police report but pmo said it's a animal control matter and all she has to do is say she paid me then it has to go to court.

The price of this dog is not what's important. But she is trying to sell him I had the vet call me and tell me, he is microchipped and I called them.
Idk what else to do I have a call into animal control but I feel hopeless I just want him home.

Also she changed her number when I kept calling her I just have her name from her voicemail and possibly her Facebook.

The police made an arrest against her they came out this morning.
But unfortunately she has already sold him and made 4800$ so there is no getting him back
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

are you sure you didn't meet at Walmart??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM
What ? Yeah I'm sure. Lol. She has been seen a few places though trying to sell him.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

are you sure you didn't meet at Walmart??

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Wth? That's insane
veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Pets are considered property, why won't the police file a report? She stole your property, he's micro chipped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Obviously she took him for a profit but idk what to do if she sells him before I can find her. Then I'll have no leads.

Quoting kbutton24: Wth? That's insane
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Idk I just think because it's base? No clue. So I guess animal control is going to call me back. I left a message.

Quoting veggiemom474:

Pets are considered property, why won't the police file a report? She stole your property, he's micro chipped.

Texasladybug84
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Is it microchipped? Do you have pics of your dog? It is a crime to steal someone's property and I'd file a police report ASAP along with notifying everywhere and fliers all around that neighborhood. You might wanna look online at kijiji or Craigslist to see if she trying to sell him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Blast that shit allllll over Facebook, you'll get your dog back. Post a picture of your dog and a picture of her along with a link to her FB. Explain what she is doing and that neither the police or animal control will help you. Ask for shares and help, I can almost guarantee that this will work. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM

if she lives on base, how hard is to find out where she lives?

bellydancer1984
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM

maybe try contacting the state police try animal control as well..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)