Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I pissed off the principal and she walked out.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
I have been dealing with special education for the past two yrs, my experience hasn't been a good one. Today we had a basics conference on special education and parental rights here in NYC. There was a brief moment when funding and the amount of resources that go into the program was brought up. Now, I am aware and see what goes on in the special ed program at the school, so i voiced that as a parent I was not happy with the experience I've had at the school. The principal told me she was sorry I felt that way and stormed out.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM

ok

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Did you hit enter too soon?

I don't get it.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I can feel your pain.... I'm in a fight with our school system at the moment over them lying to my face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM
No, she got up and left because I said the school was not doing a good job with special ed.

Quoting KendallsMommee: Did you hit enter too soon?

I don't get it.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Good.

She needed to hear it, I bet.

Quoting Anonymous: No, she got up and left because I said the school was not doing a good job with special ed.

I don't get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
It's ridiculous how much they want to sweep under the rug. They tell you they want to help your child but they don't do much about it.

What are you dealing with?

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

I can feel your pain.... I'm in a fight with our school system at the moment over them lying to my face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM
She did, she's not very involved. The AP is the face of the school. I'm still shaken about it, I'm not good with confrontation or public speaking.

Quoting KendallsMommee: Good.

Quoting Anonymous: No, she got up and left because I said the school was not doing a good job with special ed.

I don't get it.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM

You should understand that a lot of the time principals take the hit for a lot of crap that isn't their fault and they have no control over. She probably just got overwhelmed and decided it would be better to remove herself from the situation than to say things that she shouldn't say.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM
You got your point across and that's all that matters.

Well done.

Quoting Anonymous: She did, she's not very involved. The AP is the face of the school. I'm still shaken about it, I'm not good with confrontation or public speaking.

Quoting KendallsMommee: Good.

I don't get it.
lkane81
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Sounds like she can't take criticism or wants to hear about what's wrong with anything in her school. She should have asked what you didn't like and ways they could do better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN