Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This makes me an a** but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Locally this woman is constantly fundraising for her dd with a disorder. Constantly fundraising for money.

All of a sudden last night her house burned down and now she's asking for even more help. Naturally everyone is rushing to help her and her family out but until I see the report as to what caused the damn fire going to continue to think

"Ah. I see what you did there"

It just seems so damn odd. I need money for my dd medications and equipment. Oh no my house burned down and now I need more money.

Yes- she had a house fire

Yes- her dd has a condition
But others have jaded me I guess. Shrug.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM

aren't you a peach?

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Oh my.
QueenBee512
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Yikes, that sucks that you feel that way about her. Unfriend her, or completely remove her from your life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I'm cynical.

Like I said others have jaded me.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

aren't you a peach?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM
She's not my friend. I don't even know her. She's always in the community asking for money and raising money though.

Quoting QueenBee512:

Yikes, that sucks that you feel that way about her. Unfriend her, or completely remove her from your life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I hope she had insurance.   Is she asking for help from the fire or is the community just embracing her?  I think those are 2 different actions.  If the community is helping, that is great, but if is she actively asking for help then that is different.      Even with all of her struggles, I hope she finds a way to thank the wonderful people who help her instead of just expecting help becausea she has struggles.  We all have struggles.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Yeah im sure she burned down her house for donations. Eyeroll
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM

O.o

QueenBee512
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Ah, gotcha. I would be skeptical too I think. Just don't give in. If she's a fake hopefully it will come out. 

Quoting Anonymous: She's not my friend. I don't even know her. She's always in the community asking for money and raising money though.
Quoting QueenBee512:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM
She's asking for money. There's a FB status going around from her that people are sharing.

She's always got her damn hand out. Always.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope she had insurance.   Is she asking for help from the fire or is the community just embracing her?  I think those are 2 different actions.  If the community is helping, that is great, but if is she actively asking for help then that is different.      Even with all of her struggles, I hope she finds a way to thank the wonderful people who help her instead of just expecting help becausea she has struggles.  We all have struggles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN