Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This makes me an a** but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Locally this woman is constantly fundraising for her dd with a disorder. Constantly fundraising for money.

All of a sudden last night her house burned down and now she's asking for even more help. Naturally everyone is rushing to help her and her family out but until I see the report as to what caused the damn fire going to continue to think

"Ah. I see what you did there"

It just seems so damn odd. I need money for my dd medications and equipment. Oh no my house burned down and now I need more money.

Yes- she had a house fire

Yes- her dd has a condition
But others have jaded me I guess. Shrug.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM

aren't you a peach?

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Oh my.
QueenBee512
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Yikes, that sucks that you feel that way about her. Unfriend her, or completely remove her from your life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I'm cynical.

Like I said others have jaded me.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

aren't you a peach?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM
She's not my friend. I don't even know her. She's always in the community asking for money and raising money though.

Quoting QueenBee512:

Yikes, that sucks that you feel that way about her. Unfriend her, or completely remove her from your life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I hope she had insurance.   Is she asking for help from the fire or is the community just embracing her?  I think those are 2 different actions.  If the community is helping, that is great, but if is she actively asking for help then that is different.      Even with all of her struggles, I hope she finds a way to thank the wonderful people who help her instead of just expecting help becausea she has struggles.  We all have struggles.

kitty8199
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Yeah im sure she burned down her house for donations. Eyeroll
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM

O.o

QueenBee512
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Ah, gotcha. I would be skeptical too I think. Just don't give in. If she's a fake hopefully it will come out. 

Quoting Anonymous: She's not my friend. I don't even know her. She's always in the community asking for money and raising money though.
Quoting QueenBee512:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM
She's asking for money. There's a FB status going around from her that people are sharing.

She's always got her damn hand out. Always.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope she had insurance.   Is she asking for help from the fire or is the community just embracing her?  I think those are 2 different actions.  If the community is helping, that is great, but if is she actively asking for help then that is different.      Even with all of her struggles, I hope she finds a way to thank the wonderful people who help her instead of just expecting help becausea she has struggles.  We all have struggles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN