Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: DH is NOT My True Love

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

I had real love when I was 20.

We both messed up, multiple times, and ended the relationship.

We still both know, almost ten years later, that we are soul mates.

However, he is a sex offender and I have children.

He would never hurt children, his charges are crap, but still, I am not willing to give my children to my ex-husband, as would happen if this man and I were to get together.

I am married, and I do love my husband, but I honestly don't feel that we are meant to be.

I will stay with my husband, until one of us is dead, I know he loves me and feels that I am his soul mate, but I just can't return that feeling.

So, for now, and maybe forever, I choose not to have my true love. My kids are just more important, and I won't break a second set of wedding vows.

AMA.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Are you sure that you aren't just looking at him through rose colored glasses?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I was never head over heels in love with my husband. I do love and respect him.

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:21 PM
What's his charge for exactly?
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Like the pp said, are you sure you are really seeing him? that its not just a feeling of nostalgia that he gives you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I hear of that same situation quite often.  It's a shame to settle for less when life is so short.  Yet, commendable that you are putting your kids and husband before your own self.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I love my husband but he is not my "soul mate" a guy I dated before my husband was we dated for 5yrs and unfortunately life got in the way I moved we tried to make it work.i met my husband got pregnant and married.i still talk to my ex and we both have told each other we are still in love with each other but life got in the way.if I could change if I would in a heart beat.

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:24 PM
No questions. I hope that you find happiness.
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM
What is true love? Are you sure you aren't seeing him thru rose colored glasses?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my husband but no my dh is not my soul mate. Had I had not gotten pregnant with our first we would both be in different places. I would not trade my children for anything
Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Does your dh know that in your heart, he isn't the one? Don't you think that it would be fare to him to have someone not only love him but be in love with him and only him?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)