Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: DH is NOT My True Love

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had real love when I was 20.

We both messed up, multiple times, and ended the relationship.

We still both know, almost ten years later, that we are soul mates.

However, he is a sex offender and I have children.

He would never hurt children, his charges are crap, but still, I am not willing to give my children to my ex-husband, as would happen if this man and I were to get together.

I am married, and I do love my husband, but I honestly don't feel that we are meant to be.

I will stay with my husband, until one of us is dead, I know he loves me and feels that I am his soul mate, but I just can't return that feeling.

So, for now, and maybe forever, I choose not to have my true love. My kids are just more important, and I won't break a second set of wedding vows.

AMA.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
lovinmybabe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I am so glad that after almost 11 years of marriage I'm still had over heels for my hubby
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:28 PM
hes a sex offender but hes a good person! he never would hurt my kids! hes innocent! yeah bullfuckingshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:31 PM

No, I know that my ex and I didn't have a perfect relationship.

I know that we both could have done things much better, treated each other much better.

But I KNOW he is my perfect match. I know it with everything I am, my whole body knows I'm his.
I still feel guilty sleeping with my husband, like I'm breaking my own heart by doing it, betraying myself.

Even when fighting, we were each other's equal, we just... fit.

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder: Are you sure that you aren't just looking at him through rose colored glasses?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM

This is how I feel about mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was never head over heels in love with my husband. I do love and respect him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Total Moron Says What?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:33 PM

He was charged with molestation on a girl, his own age, that he went to church camp with.

He wasn't interested, she was the Pastor's daughter, and she cried sexual assault to get 'even' with him.

They were both around 14 at the time.

Quoting firebird78: What's his charge for exactly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:35 PM

No.

We have this draw to each other.

Like our lives are never whole without the other.

It's not nostalgia.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Like the pp said, are you sure you are really seeing him? that its not just a feeling of nostalgia that he gives you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM

My children are the most important thing in my life- to put ANYTHING above them, I could not stand for.

Even if it does break my heart, they have me, and they know that I love them and will always be here for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hear of that same situation quite often.  It's a shame to settle for less when life is so short.  Yet, commendable that you are putting your kids and husband before your own self.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I used to think I only had one 'true love'. But as the years go on, I am so very glad that we did not end up together, because I think I would have been miserable with him. His aunt and I would have never gotten along, which would have been difficult to deal with. He wanted to have a bunch of children, which at the time, I thought I would have been happy with, but I now know that I would rather scoop my own eyes out with a spork than have a bunch of children. I thought he would be a perfect husband, because he was always very dominate, and in charge. But I have since learned that he is really the definition of henpecked, which is so, so so unattractive to me. So While I was hurt and broken hearted that he would be stupid enough to put himself in the situation that caused us to go our seperate ways, looking back I am so happy that it happened.  My husband is the far superior man, and had things 'worked out' with my true love, I never would have ended up with my husband.

ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Quoting jjames1990: No questions. I hope that you find happiness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)