Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: DH is NOT My True Love

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had real love when I was 20.

We both messed up, multiple times, and ended the relationship.

We still both know, almost ten years later, that we are soul mates.

However, he is a sex offender and I have children.

He would never hurt children, his charges are crap, but still, I am not willing to give my children to my ex-husband, as would happen if this man and I were to get together.

I am married, and I do love my husband, but I honestly don't feel that we are meant to be.

I will stay with my husband, until one of us is dead, I know he loves me and feels that I am his soul mate, but I just can't return that feeling.

So, for now, and maybe forever, I choose not to have my true love. My kids are just more important, and I won't break a second set of wedding vows.

AMA.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Maybe you can have him when your children are grown. I too am not in love with my SO. I love him but my heart belongs to someone else. They look a lot alike and act somewhat alike but they don't know eachother. I've lost all contact with my true love and I think about him everyday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I hear you.

My DH asked me not to talk to my X anymore, and out of respect for the man I married, I ended the friendship I had with this man, whom I love more than myself.

I haven't talked to him in years, and have been thinking of him a lot recently, which I honestly try not to do, but sometimes it's just so hard... ya know?

Quoting Anonymous:

I love my husband but he is not my "soul mate" a guy I dated before my husband was we dated for 5yrs and unfortunately life got in the way I moved we tried to make it work.i met my husband got pregnant and married.i still talk to my ex and we both have told each other we are still in love with each other but life got in the way.if I could change if I would in a heart beat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM
I don't believe in soul mates or true love.

I care for df. If we didn't have children I would be long gone though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM

You both settled! Probably for stability...

Quoting Anonymous:

This is how I feel about mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was never head over heels in love with my husband. I do love and respect him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Thank you.

I am happy, I just have this secret, ya know?

I love my life with my DH and kids, but I know, deep down, that my whole heart is not DH's.

Quoting jjames1990: No questions. I hope that you find happiness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I completely understand.

Quoting Anonymous: I love my husband but no my dh is not my soul mate. Had I had not gotten pregnant with our first we would both be in different places. I would not trade my children for anything

UnluckyCharms
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM

No questions.  Makes me thankful that my husband is the love of my life and that I am the love of my husband's life.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Trust me I know.i just go on with my life I'm happy I love my kids and my husband and I know I can't change the past so I talk to him every now and then.i have loved this guy since I was 14.and if I didn't get pregnant I wouldn't be with my dh he was more of a rebound but I got pregnant and that was that.hopefully one day you can find happiness 

Quoting Anonymous:

I hear you.

My DH asked me not to talk to my X anymore, and out of respect for the man I married, I ended the friendship I had with this man, whom I love more than myself.

I haven't talked to him in years, and have been thinking of him a lot recently, which I honestly try not to do, but sometimes it's just so hard... ya know?

Quoting Anonymous:

I love my husband but he is not my "soul mate" a guy I dated before my husband was we dated for 5yrs and unfortunately life got in the way I moved we tried to make it work.i met my husband got pregnant and married.i still talk to my ex and we both have told each other we are still in love with each other but life got in the way.if I could change if I would in a heart beat.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I'm so glad that I'm deeply in love with my spouse. I know I'm with the person I belong with, and didn't settle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM

They are all our true loves until we have to wipe up pee drips off of the toilet seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN