Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: DH is NOT My True Love

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had real love when I was 20.

We both messed up, multiple times, and ended the relationship.

We still both know, almost ten years later, that we are soul mates.

However, he is a sex offender and I have children.

He would never hurt children, his charges are crap, but still, I am not willing to give my children to my ex-husband, as would happen if this man and I were to get together.

I am married, and I do love my husband, but I honestly don't feel that we are meant to be.

I will stay with my husband, until one of us is dead, I know he loves me and feels that I am his soul mate, but I just can't return that feeling.

So, for now, and maybe forever, I choose not to have my true love. My kids are just more important, and I won't break a second set of wedding vows.

AMA.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Replies (31-35):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Your true love is a sex offender? Wow. I don't necessarily believe my husband and I were meant to be together. We have learned to love each other, and have a healthy relationship for the sake of the standards we both feel our children should be raised by, but I don't have anyone out there that I feel is my true love. I just didn't get the chance to meet him before meeting my husband. I still would never, ever find true love with a sex offender, regardless of why he's a sex offender.

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Maybe one day it will be. But I understand the secret thing

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.

I am happy, I just have this secret, ya know?

I love my life with my DH and kids, but I know, deep down, that my whole heart is not DH's.

Quoting jjames1990: No questions. I hope that you find happiness.

Memxo
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Don't care what his charges are, no sex offender would ever have my love.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I am not married to the love of my life either.  I am in a marriage with a man that views me as his soul mate as well.  My kids are too important to end my marriage.  We love each other and work well together to raise really good kids.  I don't know if the marriage is for ever and always but it works now.  

Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I don't believe in soul mates or one true love or 'meant to be'. 

I don't think it's that hard to love people. I think it's hard finding the right person that you love but who is also compatible with you, and relationships take work. 

I think it's easy to idealize someone you cared about and regret losing in your past.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)