Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my grandmother keeps pestering me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

when dd was 17 she left my house,she didnt want to follow my rules so she moved in with her boyfriends parents and then they moved into their own apartment. anyway after she left my grand mother kept and keeps bugging me about letting dd back into my house,shes 21 for one thing. for another she left and got pregnant at 18,she wanted to be a "big girl" so she left and she hasnt come back. now my cousin has been showing my grand mother pictures of dd's new baby(second baby) and now she keeps bugging me about going to get dd and bringing her up here,i just keep telling her no,that i cant bring her up here,or that she should call dd and tell her to come up here but im not going to do it. she was a pain in my ass before she left,treated everyone like shit,never followed my rules,ditched school,it got to the point she had a bare mattress on the floor and 2 pairs of pants and 2 white/black shirts. 

and to be completly honest i dont want her around,her mil can deal with her bullshit

so thats my confession

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:34 PM
3 moms liked this
You've been holding a grudge for 4 years against your daughter? It's probably good for you not to talk to her.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound like the mother of the year.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous: You've been holding a grudge for 4 years against your daughter? It's probably good for you not to talk to her.

its more then that,she disrespected every adult that came into my house,called them bitches,cussed infront of their kids and just didnt give a damn. even though shes my dd i dont want that stuff around me or the rest of my family

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
5 moms liked this

Isn't it fairly possible that your daughter has changed in the years since she moved out? 

Regardless, your lack of interest in having a relationship with your grandchildren based on your refusal to have anything to do with your daughter is incredibly sad to me.

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
4 years ago! She was 17. Do you still act like you did at 17?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: You've been holding a grudge for 4 years against your daughter? It's probably good for you not to talk to her.

its more then that,she disrespected every adult that came into my house,called them bitches,cussed infront of their kids and just didnt give a damn. even though shes my dd i dont want that stuff around me or the rest of my family

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous: 4 years ago! She was 17. Do you still act like you did at 17?
Quoting Anonymous:

from what iv seen she still cusses and does it around her own children

shes 21 not 40,shes still a child

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, I don't blame her for wanting to leave your side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Quoting Bertha21: Wow, I don't blame her for wanting to leave your side.

damn rules trying to keep her safe,how dare i put rules down. shucks

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I swear too.  I'm not proud of it and I struggle with it.  I don't call adults names though.  I do agree swearing aside perhaps your dd has changed.  She sounds like she was terrible to live with but hopefully she has matured for the sake of the kids at least.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: 4 years ago! She was 17. Do you still act like you did at 17?
Quoting Anonymous:

from what iv seen she still cusses and does it around her own children

shes 21 not 40,shes still a child

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, but you shouldn't hold her past against her. Teens don't always think of long term consequences. She is an adult now, she most likely isn't the girl you once knew.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bertha21: Wow, I don't blame her for wanting to leave your side.

damn rules trying to keep her safe,how dare i put rules down. shucks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)