Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

potty training advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
So I have 2 boys and 1 girl, my daughter being the youngest, I found it really easy to potty train the boys. My daughter will be 3 in July and I have been trying to potty train her for the past 2 weeks but to me it seems that she doesn't know what the feeling is yet. I take her to her potty every 15 minutes or so and she just sits there. She eventually ends up peeing on herself. I also remind her in between the 15 minutes too pee pee in the potty poo poo in the potty.

So my questions:
When do you think is the right age to start?
How long did it take your little one?

Just an fyi by this age my boys were already going to the potty.

I guess I just need help. Thanks in advance.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We always waited till the showed signs they were ready. Both my first two we tried underwear and they weren't ready. So we waited a couple of months and then they were ready. My third just did it the first time we did that. First it took 3 days for day and night. My second it took two weeks for day and 6 months for night time. My third it took the one day for day and she is still having some accidents 6 months later. So we will see when is ready for night time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:19 PM
I keep on telling myself to just wait til she is ready. It has been 4 1/2 year since I last potty trained.

Quoting Raeann11:

We always waited till the showed signs they were ready. Both my first two we tried underwear and they weren't ready. So we waited a couple of months and then they were ready. My third just did it the first time we did that. First it took 3 days for day and night. My second it took two weeks for day and 6 months for night time. My third it took the one day for day and she is still having some accidents 6 months later. So we will see when is ready for night time.

Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My DS I started at 18m and he was fully trained by his 2nd bday. DD was fully trained with little to no effort by 22m.
WhiteRose24
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was fully potty trained at 2 and he will be 3 in may. My daughter will be 2 in may and she is peeing in the potty and went poop in the potty once and that was yesterday. We started potty training dd back in november and that was because she started showing interest. She did pee and poop on herself all the time in the beginning but now she is use to peeing in the potty and we are trying to get her use to pooping in the potty.

Do you buy her panties?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:47 PM
👍 thats awesome good for them...and yes i have her in panties all day but of course she pees herself

Quoting WhiteRose24: My son was fully potty trained at 2 and he will be 3 in may. My daughter will be 2 in may and she is peeing in the potty and went poop in the potty once and that was yesterday. We started potty training dd back in november and that was because she started showing interest. She did pee and poop on herself all the time in the beginning but now she is use to peeing in the potty and we are trying to get her use to pooping in the potty.

Do you buy her panties?
WhiteRose24
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Haha yes she will but just be consistent. Try maybe putting her on a schedule and rewarding her when she does pee or poop in the potty. It will get easier just hang in there. :-)

Quoting Anonymous: 👍 thats awesome good for them...and yes i have her in panties all day but of course she pees herself

Quoting WhiteRose24: My son was fully potty trained at 2 and he will be 3 in may. My daughter will be 2 in may and she is peeing in the potty and went poop in the potty once and that was yesterday. We started potty training dd back in november and that was because she started showing interest. She did pee and poop on herself all the time in the beginning but now she is use to peeing in the potty and we are trying to get her use to pooping in the potty.

Do you buy her panties?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)