Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O - Quit raising illiterate children!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
4 moms liked this

You are NOT doing your kids any service by not knowing how to spell and raising illiterate kids, learn to spell and teach your children how to spell. I'm not saying raise a genius by any means, but for goodness sake teach them to spell and read and write for themselves. And for god's sake stop with the text word replacements like U or b4...and the proper spelling of AND is AND not AN! I see this all the time, and I always give the benefit of the doubt, maybe the keyboard doesn't have the letter D, but if you knew how to spell and you knew the alphabet WHY, WHY, WHY did you get a keyboard with no D?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Ever think some people are learning disabled and its hard for them, themselves to do so or the people who hardly speak English stop being so judgmental of people.

poietes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Meh, I've tried to be a good speller, it's just not my thing. I am a math person, numbers come much more easily than letters. But then again I think the same about math that you do spelling. How can people not figure out basic geometry or algebra is beyond me.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM
4 moms liked this

u b mad bro?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, some of the notes I get from parents SCARE ME. I have a few who cannot spell or use proper grammar. :( It's a shame really.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM

and I did lose an E on my keyboard once. That was fun. Thankfully DH fixed it when he got home but for a few hours I was e-less.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM

i think spelling is just hard for some people.  my dh is incredibly intelligent...yet, he can't spell for crap. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM

If you are learning disabled but you can learn to text and you can write and understand b4, you can write and understand "before". I don't disagree that some people are disabled, but for the most part, being lazy is the bigger issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ever think some people are learning disabled and its hard for them, themselves to do so or the people who hardly speak English stop being so judgmental of people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

isn't the SCHOOL supposed to teach them that as well?? They bear some of the blame for turning out kids who are illiterate...

FelineTopic
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Y u so mad an stuff? Calm down b4 u hv a stroke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivy801
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Laugh out loud.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN