Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be offended if someone gave you hand me downs as a gift for a baby shower ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

Or would not care ?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM

BUMP!

Presley77
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
No I would love it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on what it is.  An awesome pack n' play or some stained onesies?

halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I give them one nice outfit and then in the card i say i have extras and deliver them agter the shower
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Nope not at all...unless it was in really bad condition. I got a used Boppy with a new cover for my baby shower for my ds, and I loved it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

If someone cared enough to bring me things for my baby when they did not have to, I would gladly accept them.  Babies grow so quickly that they hardly have time to wear and use things more than a few times before they are too big.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I would not care. i would actually be grateful. giving away my sons baby clothes was hard on me (i have no clue why) and I waited until I found just the right person to give them to.

Photo: -Randi.

QuinnMae
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I wouldn't care.  They grow out of stuff so quick sometimes they are lucky to wear something twice before they are too big for it.

chairhead28
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I wouldn't really care. Baby showers are more of a celebration of mom and baby-gifts aren't required-and if someone is generous enough to bring a gift, I'd be greatful.
Would I personally do it? Probably not, but, I wouldn't care to receive gently used baby items.
fatcat0908
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Depends. My mother saved a bunch of baby blankets our babcia (great grandmother) made when we were babies.  When my cousin became pregnant with her first, I gifted her one at her shower, the whole reception hall was in tears. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)