Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he could have killed my children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
We had our transmission replaced. Got it back and instantly noticed a long list of things he fucked up along the way. He wouldn't answer our calls. He was "never home" he quit going to work.. We drove it for a few days hoping he'd get back to us. While the things we noticed were worrisome we thought they were minor things. well we gave up waiting and took it to another mechanic Monday. Its taken THREE days to figure out everything the first mechanic fucked up. Not to fix it but to find all the problems related to the issues we had after the transmission was replaced.

the new mechanic called just now and said were lucky were even alive and that that was THE WORST hack job they have EVER seen. EVVVEEERR.

that bastard put my kids lives in danger. My life. My husbands life. There was no way in hell he didn't know he fucked up. There's absolutely no way. I'm fuming. I learned my lesson. Trying to save a buck by using a family friend who is a mechanic isn't worth it. Got it. I was upset I was going to have to pay another mechanic to re fix it. But again. Lesson learned. And now that I learn how serious was, I can't even see straight.

and now I get to wait another two days for everything to be fixed.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Twowildboys
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Im glad you guys are ok and caught the problem. They have a saying the cheap comes out expensive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM

You get what you pay for!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Yep I was stupid. Still doesn't take away the fact that a mechanic did that horrible of a job that we could have been killed. Idfara what I paid him. That doesn't mean he can put our lives in danger.

Quoting Anonymous:

You get what you pay for!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

glad that you all are fine. now i would go after him to get my money back

KW123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Is it possible for you to report him and/or get your money back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I think I saw your post the other day about this, if that was you. I'm glad you are getting it figured out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Were going to try.

Quoting KW123:

Is it possible for you to report him and/or get your money back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Probably. I posted about being charged by the hr just to look at it and find all the problems. I was freaking out after 5 hrs. Well it took them 3 days. He screwed ALOT of things up. /sigh

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I saw your post the other day about this, if that was you. I'm glad you are getting it figured out.

ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Glad you guys are safe but I would be getting my money back from the guy one way or another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)