Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Inviting a man into your home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
If you were single/dating and the kid(s) were home, when do you think it would be an appropriate time to invite a man other than the children's father into your home?

I'm curious to know , a friend of mine made a comment last night to me that kind of stuck she said"she would never have sex with a man in her home of her daughter was there" of course I mean even if the child were asleep.

Well I've been dating a man for 9 months now and never had him over when my dd was home but I was thinking if trying it this weekend. I would put her to bed around 9 and have him come over after she's asleep, is this scandalous of me? Or wrong? What if we decide to have sex is that wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Bump
Prplesockmonkey
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't care what you choose to do in your home....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM
So then it's not a bad parenting move on my part or anything?

Quoting Prplesockmonkey: I don't care what you choose to do in your home....
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM
I think at this point it would be totally fine to introduce your boyfriend to your daughter.
mommy4life15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:49 PM
My current boyfriend would come over all the time when we first started dating. We would all watch a movie and I would put the kids to bed. We would cuddle for a little bit and then he would fall asleep on the couch. I would go to my room. We would only sleep together or have sex when my kids were at their dads every other weekend. It wasn't until months later that we actually slept in the same bed when they were home.

ETA we have been together for over a year and are having a baby now
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Thank you for the reply.. I've been nervous about when is the right time you know.

Quoting owl0210: I think at this point it would be totally fine to introduce your boyfriend to your daughter.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM

My son met my husband as the same time I did, we became friends before we started dating, so he has been over since the beginning. We did not have sleepovers and did not have sex with my son in the house until we were married. We also didn't have sex until we were married, but I would have followed the same rules regardless, no sleepovers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM
My current SO came to my house after a few weeks. I have dd full time sooo oh well. We didn't have sex though. We did try later but dd woke up and we haven't sincez
Prplesockmonkey
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM
No. I don't think so.

Quoting Anonymous: So then it's not a bad parenting move on my part or anything?

Quoting Prplesockmonkey: I don't care what you choose to do in your home....
anon1986East
by Kali on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I'd introduce him to the kid before he spent the night as it would probably be more confusing and awkward for a child if they happened to wake up and saw a strange man in their home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)