Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question on best carseat for newborn baby??? please help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I am pregnant with my first. There are SO many different carseats. I seen a type of carseat that like grows with the baby I guess, it has extras to hold baby as newborn and as baby grows you take he padding out to babys fit. The carseats say good for 5lbs-35lbs, then newborn carseats, then just carseats, it's overwhelming. I ant my baby to have a safe carseat, and I want him rear faced as long as possible. What are the best carseats to choose from when my little man is born? What brands do you prefer, why do you like that brand or type over the others, advantages and disadvantages please??? If any mama would care to help out as well as elaborate that'd truly be amazing!!!! TIA
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my chico key fit 30. It is so easy to install, comfy and has great safety ratings. It also looks good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I just bought these for my twins coming in a week. They look and feel great.

Quoting locaporbebe:

I love my chico key fit 30. It is so easy to install, comfy and has great safety ratings. It also looks good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I should also add that I had also purchased the baby trend loc something or other and they were ok just didn't feel great. So we took them back, I had also bought I think and evenflo one from Walmart, a little cheapy same as baby trend and we took that one back too, finally settled on the chiccos lol

Quoting Anonymous: I just bought these for my twins coming in a week. They look and feel great.

Quoting locaporbebe:

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I don't like infant seats. We skip them, and use convertible seats from birth.

I like the First Years True Fit Premiere for newborns and small babies, and then we put them into Britax seats once they get older.

Anti rebound protection is a must have for me, so I don't use brands like Graco, Evenflo, Cosco, etc.

sophiesmom0607
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Me too.

Quoting locaporbebe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM
IMO the Safety First OnBoard 35 Air is better than the Chicco KeyFit 30, if you're looking for an infant carrier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM
That's what we do but what is anti rebound?

Quoting Randi02:

I like the First Years True Fit Premiere for newborns and small babies, and then we put them into Britax seats once they get older.

Anti rebound protection is a must have for me, so I don't use brands like Graco, Evenflo, Cosco, etc.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Either an anti rebound bar (like on the True Fit Premiere) or a rear facing tether. It prevents the seat from moving towards the back of the vehicle in an accident.

Quoting Anonymous: That's what we do but what is anti rebound?
Quoting Randi02:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Oh ok I was just curious b/c I use graco and wondered if it was a bad seat.

Quoting Randi02:

Either an anti rebound bar (like on the True Fit Premiere) or a rear facing tether. It prevents the seat from moving towards the back of the vehicle in an accident.

Quoting Randi02:

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:02 PM

They're not bad seats, they're just pretty basic. They don't have the anti rebound.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh ok I was just curious b/c I use graco and wondered if it was a bad seat.
Quoting Randi02:

Quoting Randi02:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)