Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can every thing go bad so fast?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I'm 7 months pregnant. Everything was looking good up to a month ago. We should have been able to afford everything for the baby only stuff we have so far is a swing, cloth diapers, the diaper bag, and all the nb clothes we will need.

Well he was out of work for two weeks. On top of that some loan he didn't remember he had gotten when he was younger just came to bite him in rhe ass. Well his dad wanted him to pay in advance for his phone or he was shutting it off.

Well we managed to blow through about $2000 between it all.

Now rent is due next week and gas and electric the week after.

That wouldn't be a problem in itself even with that minorset back. It could get paid by scrimping here and there and not spending a penny extra.

My car just shit out. The main thing ththat has to be fixed asap is going to be $200. To get it in good running condition is goint to cost over $1000 on top of that $200. The car is old and not worth that kind of money. We were planning on it sticking around until the baby was 6 months or so then trading it in for a better car.

So if we pay to fix the car we can't afford the baby stuff. If we don't fix the car we can't go to the doctors or anywhere else. There is no way we can do a trade in right now. Not without seriously hurting our finances.

Even if we got used babystuff for everything else we are still looking at several hundred dollars for the stuff we need.

And rifht now we can't even afford several hundred dollars.

I am so stressed. How did everything disappear so fast? Its going to be months before finances are back to normal.

Update.
Thanks ladies for the helpful advice. I have gotten a way to the doctor for the next couple months and after my dad looked at my car he managed to get it in somewhat running condition. I can't take it too far but he saI'd as long as I make sure to have my phone on me and that someone would be able to pick me up I can get to the store and back so we are putting off the expense of the car right now.

We have the money for rent and will have the money for our utilities. SO talked to his boss and they are looking into a form of compensation pay for the two weeks he was off since it was the companies fault. I'm not holding out any hopes that it will be normal pay or that it will even go through but if it did that would be great. We won't have our savings back but we won't fall behind this way.

I've reevaluated a lot of the stuff we "needed" for the baby and we are going to buy the neccessities first and not even worry about the rest of it. I've managed to convince him we dont need brand new everything just the carseat. He is also demandimg brand new crib and mattress because "you don't know how sturdy those things are when they've been used"

We are hopefully on our way to building a savings again and everything goimg back to normal. Which is good because my doctor advised me not to stress because I guess gestational diabetes makes my blood pressure have problems already.

Sorry this is kind of rambly. I'm tired and baby isn't letting me sleep much.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
When I had my last baby I had a box of diapers and wipes, 4 outfits, bottles, and a bassinet. We survived, babies don't need much.
abra
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:53 PM

((hugs)) Are there any pro-life family centers in your area? Sometimes they have baby stuff to give away. The one in my town has diapers, clothing, and some of the smaller gear. 

butteredpoptart
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Are you working? You might need to get a job after the baby gets here. In the meantime, I would scrape, budget and save. I'd also apply for assistance. You'd probably qualify for WIC and food stamps, at least.
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Shouldn't you have been working?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM
This, i also took parenting classes throughout my pregnancy and had a closet full of diapers and you would be surprised what people will give you after baby is born i ended up with z2 bassinets 3 swings 3 playpens 3 strollers tons of clothes money

Quoting livingforthem83: When I had my last baby I had a box of diapers and wipes, 4 outfits, bottles, and a bassinet. We survived, babies don't need much.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Get a small loan.
Get used clothes, good luck.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Spend the $1200 to fix the car and get in good working order.  Keep it for a year rather than six months.  It's cheaper $1200 is cheaper than a car payment and that will allow you to get on your feet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Closest one is over 100 miles away.

I can ask at the church's but I wouldn't feel right simce I don't attend.

I'm sure we will be fine again as long as nothing else happens for a few months. But the way things are going......

I'm pronably just being emotional and stuff and things will look better when he has a couple normal pays again.

Quoting abra:

((hugs)) Are there any pro-life family centers in your area? Sometimes they have baby stuff to give away. The one in my town has diapers, clothing, and some of the smaller gear. 

abra
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM

It depends on the church, but they probably don't care whether you attend or not. Churches are there to help people. 

Quoting Anonymous: Closest one is over 100 miles away. I can ask at the church's but I wouldn't feel right simce I don't attend. I'm sure we will be fine again as long as nothing else happens for a few months. But the way things are going...... I'm pronably just being emotional and stuff and things will look better when he has a couple normal pays again.
Quoting abra:

adhaodd1child
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Check Craig's list you could probably find things on there for free. You don't need much for baby the first six months or so
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)