Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a bitch...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

We went to dinner last night at a busy restaurant, it was so busy that there was a wait to be seated. Im 37 weeks pregnant and all the seats in the waiting area were taken, so i was stuck standing.. A couple of people got up (because they got called to be seated). I started walking over to sit down, and some women ran and took the seat almost pushing me down. I was so annoyed! She look fairly healthy in her 30s.. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM
7 moms liked this

Preganancy is not a disease or disability, perhaps that woman actually did have a physical problem?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM

are you unhealthy? Pregnancy isn't a disability.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Not at all, but its common courtesy.. just like men get up for women. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Preganancy is not a disease or disability, perhaps that woman actually did have a physical problem?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM
7 moms liked this
common courtesy says let the pregnant lady sit first!! people sre so rude!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM

No im very healthy.. I still workout 5 days a week :) 

Its just common courtesy

Quoting Anonymous:

are you unhealthy? Pregnancy isn't a disability.

JeremysMom
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Eh, I have seen several people who may have looked healthy but they weren't. My best friend has MS and sometimes her symptoms hit her out of the blue. Not saying that the woman had something wrong with her but you never know. Besides, just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you should automatically get special treatment. Now, was it rude for her to bump in to you, it sure was. But if there were several people that got up and only one woman that ran over to the seat, why couldn't you have sat next to her in the other available seat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I kinda agree. At 37 weeks my feet and legs were killing me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Thats what you would think.. I guess not anymore, according to women on here and that bitch lady 

Quoting Anonymous: common courtesy says let the pregnant lady sit first!! people sre so rude!!

ambrossious2000
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:34 PM
5 moms liked this

Hide behind your ann button why don't you. No pregnancy isn't a disability. But if you can push and run a pregnant woman over you are a bitch in my eyes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but most people with hidden disabilities don't want to announce it or draw attention to themselves.  Trust me I look healthy and whole but I have days of excruciating pain.  The last thing I want is to announce to someone.  I grin and bear it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)