Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Facebook photo, Nonexistent father

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My ex has an old photo of him and or son as his profile picture now. He's been absent for nearly a year now. Our son is only two. He's been in and out of jail. The last time was about 6 months. Now he's out and he still hasn't asked to see our son. He missed his second birthday.

I don't understand why he put that as his picture when he doesn't even pay child support for our son.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

To make everyone else think he is a good dad and loves his son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Cause he doesn't want to look like a loser.
It drives me nuts when my sisters post pictures of their "kids". They only see their kids a few times a year. Both chose men over their kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM
That would get annoying too.

The most irritating photo that he has posted was one where this little girl was shooting a bow. (My ex is big in to hunting.) And the quote said "Parenting Done Right".

He hasn't parented our son a day in his life.

Quoting Anonymous: Cause he doesn't want to look like a loser.
It drives me nuts when my sisters post pictures of their "kids". They only see their kids a few times a year. Both chose men over their kids.
scold-01
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:36 PM
3 moms liked this

to attract women...they are a sucker for single father sob stories....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:37 PM
He makes me mad doing things like that. Or on halloween I took our son to see his Grandma. My boyfriend went with me. (He much more of a father figure to my son then his real father.) And my ex posts these photos of us at halloween at his mom's house. So basically it looked like we were all hanging out when in reality my ex didnt visit nor want to see our son. He just got the photos from his mom instead.

I understand that he would probably be uncomfortable with my boyfriend there but I knew he wouldn't be there. If he would have, I probably would have asked my boyfriend to stay behind to not cause issues.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Yep. I have seen women who lost their kids for doing stupid crap do the same and talk about "their children".

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I never thought of that. Good thing he's a father of two now huh?

Quoting scold-01:

to attract women...they are a sucker for single father sob stories....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:39 PM
That's so sad. I just hate when people lie to Make themselves look good.

Quoting bleumonster: Yep. I have seen women who lost their kids for doing stupid crap do the same and talk about "their children".

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:40 PM
For the same reason my "dad" posts about how much he loves his 3 girls and his 7 grandkids. He has never been involved in my life and has never met my 2 kids and never will. He just wants everyone to think he is father of the damn year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:42 PM
That's really sad. I'm sorry :(

Quoting MommyBoha: For the same reason my "dad" posts about how much he loves his 3 girls and his 7 grandkids. He has never been involved in my life and has never met my 2 kids and never will. He just wants everyone to think he is father of the damn year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)