Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All I can say is awkward, would you let your child go back?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 17 Replies

I went to pick up my six year old from her play date and my DD friend opened the door and invited me in.. I hear the husband and wife screaming and fighting up stairs about how she cant believe he cheated on her again and him screaming back well its because you wont do what i like anymore. I heard things being slammed and thrown and him and her both yelling insults at each other. I got my DD and I and her slowly started inching towards the door. I was hoping I could just get to the door and send her a text from the car that i picked my DD up but no as soon as I get to the freakin door she gets down stairs red faced and clearly upset. Engaging me like everything is peachy and even asking if I would like some coffee or something....nah...i pretty much just wanted out by that point. I dont think I want DD going back, would you let your child go back there?

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Lol no way !
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd just invite the little girl over instead of letting DD go there.
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM

No way. We don't fight in front of our own children and definitely not when we have company. I expect the same from others. That was beyond inappropriate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM
No way. It's not like that in my home, so if my kids heard adults screaming and telling, they would be scared. F that
MommyChance
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Nope. I'd be inviting the little girl over, possibly frequently.
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM

no, she doesn't need to see something like that, and we sure don't roll that way at our house.

her friend would be welcome to come over for playdates whenever though, it's not her fault her parents are pathological.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM

NO.  I would make it clear the other child is welcome at my home but I wouldn't let my child go there anymore.  And I would let them know exactly why. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Yes. Kids can hear some screaming once in a while smh
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Nooooo:(  poor lady probably didn't know what to say.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Ah nope, play dates can be at our house instead lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)