Ask me anything? Oh and please read my post to tell me what you think ;)
A few days ago I posted about our family deciding whether to stay in SoCal or move to College Station, Tx.
After a great deal of research and discussion, we think it is in the best interests of everyone to move to Texas. The schools in college station are supposed to be great for the kids. Tamu is a better ranked school for my boyfriend to get his Phd in Physics from. Cost of living is cheaper... etc.. etc...
We were going to sell our home in cali and move our entire household out there (This includes, myself, my boyfriend, my ex husband, my father, my three adorable children, and possibly a teenager we took in...long story but his mother kind of went off the deep end and we have known him since he was 12 so we took him in). The house should make a nice profit.
However my father is determined we keep the house because we do love the city its in... though the schools are not the best, but the views of the surrounding area are stunning and the mortgage is just amazingly cheap for the area... So we will try to rent out the home...
However now that almost everything has been decided, some hard work will need to be put into getting everything ready, there is one final problem.
Ex husband needs to get a transfer in his job. At first I wasnt even considering the move to texas, but he came home from work one day and told me he was certain he could get a transfer in his company. Not to metion he has been worried about his job security here due to the company selling off the ca portion to another company.. Some of the other bosses have already made their way to Texas.
So Texas became a real possibility. I began loooking at homes, schools, etc and I truly believe this is the right move for us. We have been trying to make our way out there since My oldest was 1-2, she is now 6 1/2.
We have spoken with a realtor, bf has visited, we are beginning the stages of preapproval for home purchasing.. etc
Then ex husband says he is not moving without a job and thus none of us can move unless he gets a new job there. What happened to being so certain? April 15th is the deadline for bf to decide on a school and honestly Texas is the place for all of us. I told ex husband we are going, with or without him. I think he needs a good push into actually trying to get a transfer or new job. I applied for the job he has for him 9 years ago.... He is notorious for procrastinating when it comes to things like this, but is amazing at his actual work ethic at work.
So over the last three days I have been just plastering his resume all over the place and applying him for anything and everything he is qualified to do. He has until June to find a new job, then we are moving.
I would rather move the kids before school starts than have to move him midway through school. He can move later if he would like. I fully believe my children need their father, but to be honest he is a workaholic and even they didnt seem to care at the idea of him not being around, they see him so rarely despite us living together.
No matter what though, I will continue to have a home that has space for him in it, I will continue to put in for jobs for him. I am going to do everything I can to get him a job so we can stay together as a family.
All of that being said, anyone know someone near College Station, Tx Hiring a database administrator, analyst, or systems administrator.... ;)
Oh and my OP http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19769057/confusing_life_changing_decisions