Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Phoenix mother accused of starving 9-month-old boy speaks out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
PHOENIX - Authorities say a Valley mother and father are in jail accused of starving their 9-month-old boy.

Doctors called police after the baby was brought to the hospital malnourished and severely underweight.

“His eyes were twitching, he was pale. From what they said, his kidneys were failing,” said Veronica Diaz, the child's mother.

From inside her cell at the Estrella Jail, Diaz spoke about what happened.

“I feel bad for what happened, I want to do better and make things right,” said Diaz.

Diaz told police she and her boyfriend, Ryan Morris, stopped buying baby formula for the child on March 1, and only gave the baby water during the day and some milk at night.

“We didn’t have any money,” said Diaz.

But Diaz managed to still provide food for her four other children. Morris told police he just got paid and Diaz receives around $600 in Social Security benefits. Money Diaz said had to go to bills.

“He [Morris] had to pay his parents back, we had car insurance, SRP, and rent. But we haven’t paid rent in months.”

She also admits she pays $340 for cable and internet which includes premium channels like HBO and Netflix.

“He wanted Netflix for the older kids,” said Diaz.

Diaz believes Morris should get jail time, but she should only get treatment for her problems.

“I failed them. I want to make it right. I want to give my kids to my family until I get back on my feet,” said Diaz.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/phoenix-mother-accused-of-starving-9-month-old-boy-speaks-out

What in the actual fuck!!!
I am disgusted there are actual people out there that do this to their own children. This is one woman who truly does not deserve to be a parent. That poor defenseless baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Poor baby :( $300 + for entertainment is much more important than formula you know @@
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:24 AM

What the fuck. Terrible! I hope they never get to see the kids again!

DensHag
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Bitch....she should get nothing but water for a couple of months. I hope they are both locked up.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Proof that there should be the option to sentence some people to: Go to hell. Go directly to hell. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Jesus that's what WIC is for, fuck that's just lazy and cruel.
poisonedtaco
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:27 AM

omg... that's horrible. I am making less that 1600 a month without any PA of any kind and although we do have internet, netflix, and hulu plus, I always make sure me, my husband, and our three children have food. If it was between our entertainment and food in our bellies, we would be very bored but at least we wouldn't go hungry.

mummyoftwins92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:27 AM
She don't deserve those kids I hope they go to better families and have better lives.

Quoting Anonymous: PHOENIX - Authorities say a Valley mother and father are in jail accused of starving their 9-month-old boy.

Doctors called police after the baby was brought to the hospital malnourished and severely underweight.

“His eyes were twitching, he was pale. From what they said, his kidneys were failing,” said Veronica Diaz, the child's mother.

From inside her cell at the Estrella Jail, Diaz spoke about what happened.

“I feel bad for what happened, I want to do better and make things right,” said Diaz.

Diaz told police she and her boyfriend, Ryan Morris, stopped buying baby formula for the child on March 1, and only gave the baby water during the day and some milk at night.

“We didn’t have any money,” said Diaz.

But Diaz managed to still provide food for her four other children. Morris told police he just got paid and Diaz receives around $600 in Social Security benefits. Money Diaz said had to go to bills.

“He [Morris] had to pay his parents back, we had car insurance, SRP, and rent. But we haven’t paid rent in months.”

She also admits she pays $340 for cable and internet which includes premium channels like HBO and Netflix.

“He wanted Netflix for the older kids,” said Diaz.

Diaz believes Morris should get jail time, but she should only get treatment for her problems.

“I failed them. I want to make it right. I want to give my kids to my family until I get back on my feet,” said Diaz.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/phoenix-mother-accused-of-starving-9-month-old-boy-speaks-out

What in the actual fuck!!!
I am disgusted there are actual people out there that do this to their own children. This is one woman who truly does not deserve to be a parent. That poor defenseless baby.
Disneymom18
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Wtf! Glad she's in Estrella jail, I've heard that place is Hell.
pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Why the hell didn't she use wic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:29 AM
I'd love to slap the fuck out of her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)