Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sisters hubby...ugh. Lazy...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:09 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sister and her husband have been married for three years. They have four children, my sister having my niece from a previous relationship, her husband with two girls also from a previous relationship, and together they had my nephew.

Recently, money has been tight for them. My sister had to quit her job due to management bullying her, and she got not just one job, but two more jobs after quitting. She works every single day of the week, no time to even breathe. Her husband has one job.

Hes used all of his sick days, paid days off, everything, yet continues to call in sick/leave early. This week alone he's called in three times. He's not even remotely sick. 

It angers me...my sister works so hard to make things comfortable for them, yet he can't even work ONE job. The topper? He constantly blows their money on cigs and beer. They switched to ecigs and were not drinking  and were saving money. Why he decides to blow money on things they don't need, I don't know. I mean yeah, they could do without the ecigs but still. He's even blown up at her for buying herself new jeans instead of beer for him. My sister, like my mother and I, puts everyone else first and rarely buys herself new clothes. She needed jeans. Him? He has no issue buying $90+ vests and Harley Davidson boots. Once my sister saved up money and got him a pair of boots, but they weren't Harley Davidson and were half the price of the name brand, but still NICE. He flat told her he wouldn't wear them because they weren't name brand.

I wish I could do something...all I can do is be there for my sister and offer her massages (I'm licensed). I just needed to vent. She's such a caring woman and he's taking advantage of that. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tisha826
by Tisha on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:14 AM
I'm sorry that sucks. He sounds like a selfish jerk.
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:19 AM

He is. And if my sister left him? He would be screwed. Three kids to pay child support on, plus losing a place to live (their home is really under my sisters name) and losing my sisters income to support his lifestyle. 

Not to mention I don't think he would ever land a woman like my sister again. Beautiful dedicated, funny, loving, low maintenance...

Quoting tisha826: I'm sorry that sucks. He sounds like a selfish jerk.

CafeMom Tickers
tisha826
by Tisha on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Maybe she needs to say something to him about all this? Has she?

Quoting brittybby2010:

He is. And if my sister left him? He would be screwed. Three kids to pay child support on, plus losing a place to live (their home is really under my sisters name) and losing my sisters income to support his lifestyle. 

Not to mention I don't think he would ever land a woman like my sister again. Beautiful dedicated, funny, loving, low maintenance...

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:23 AM

She has, actually. He will then be better for a week or two, working a little overtime, but then he's back to his old ways. Like today, he's making her a nice dinner. But, he's also calling in to work.  

Quoting tisha826: Maybe she needs to say something to him about all this? Has she?
Quoting brittybby2010:

CafeMom Tickers
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I get your frustration, Op. But until she realizes she deserves better, all you can do is be there for her. She is lucky she has a sister like you who cares about her.
tisha826
by Tisha on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:26 AM
I would leave for a few days, tell him I needed to think about things and may end up leaving him, or kick him out for a few. He needs time to think about what he could lose, he needs to panic a bit. That might change his tune.

Quoting brittybby2010:

She has, actually. He will then be better for a week or two, working a little overtime, but then he's back to his old ways. Like today, he's making her a nice dinner. But, he's also calling in to work.  

Quoting tisha826: Maybe she needs to say something to him about all this? Has she?

Quoting brittybby2010:

katemckenzie
by Kate on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Punch him in the dick.

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:55 AM

I realize that...it just really sucks. I wish I could do more. I look up to her, and even though she's my big sister, I would defend her until the day my heart stops. I really do care about her. She was in my shoes years ago (single mom with no job)and gives me advice. She truly understands. 

Quoting curvygurl1912: I get your frustration, Op. But until she realizes she deserves better, all you can do is be there for her. She is lucky she has a sister like you who cares about her.

CafeMom Tickers
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

If I could, that would have already been done. 

Quoting katemckenzie:

Punch him in the dick.

CafeMom Tickers
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:59 AM
You are lucky to have each other.

Quoting brittybby2010:

I realize that...it just really sucks. I wish I could do more. I look up to her, and even though she's my big sister, I would defend her until the day my heart stops. I really do care about her. She was in my shoes years ago (single mom with no job)and gives me advice. She truly understands. 

Quoting curvygurl1912: I get your frustration, Op. But until she realizes she deserves better, all you can do is be there for her. She is lucky she has a sister like you who cares about her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)