Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you ever//?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Help your BIL/SIL over you brother/sister?

My brother is a HUGE dick to his wife (was to his first wife as well) My brother and SIL are on the verge of splitting but my SIL is trying EVERYTHING to fix this for their daughter (and the baby she's currently 8 weeks pregnant with) My brother has started SLEEPING during their marriage counseling sessions, like in the office, sleeping while my SIL and the concealer try to wake him.. anyways. I don't see it lasting long after the baby is born, and honestly she doesn't either. She has to force him to help with one child and spend time with her, it's only gonna get worse when #2 is here. I'm more of a parent to my niece than my brother. Hell, I'M the one she's wanting there for support when she's in labor. My brother is just gonna be there to watch my niece.. (sorry, a TAD off topic)

WELL, DH and I have told her if she EVER decideds to leave my brother (and god i hope she smartens up and does) that she is always welcome in our home until she can get on her feet. I'm just wondering if it's wrong of me to want to help her and the kids over my brother?

I've even told her i will speak on her behalf in court if my brother tries to get custody (doubt he will, but if he does.. there is no way in HELL he should have custody.. or even overnight visits.. heck even day visits are kinda iffy to me)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WindBlownOracle
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I help those that are willing and try to help themselves. Blood has nothing to do with it.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:03 AM
If I honestly thought my SIL was a better parent based off of the states best interest statutes, then I would testify against my brother, yes.

If I thought he was just an idiot that needed to grow up? No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes the family we choose is greater than the one we got by chance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:04 AM
Yeah that's kind ofshitty of you.
Justine1993
I'd be on sils side too!
AuntieM

I would help her if she needed it. Blood may be thicker than water but if someone is being treated like crap I have ice in my veins. Not blood.

copperked
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:07 AM
In that situation, yes.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:12 AM
You are willing to help the right person in this situation
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:26 AM

I just feel like even though my SIL doesn't deserve to be treated the way she is being treat, and even though she's become my best friend.. That it makes me a horrib;e person.

Don't get me wrong I DO love my brother, he's just never going to grow up and treat his wife, or his children the way they need to be.. My niece is SUCH a daddy's girl and my brother doesn't care. He will ignore her and even get pissed at times that she wants to see him..

While he treats SIL like shit (ok WORSE than shit... like throwing past sexual abuse and rape in her face saying it never happened, she wanted and she should go "get some" from these guys so maybe she'll finally be happy.... making the PPD after my niece was born 100x worse telling her to kill herself and she's a horrible mom.. the list just goes on and on) I think he got her pregnant this time to try and trap her into staying with him because he knew it was getting to the point of her leaving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:30 AM

how/why???

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah that's kind ofshitty of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)