Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yep... (Let's try this again.) *Edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

I

It's funny how most of the responses claiming this isn't true, prove that it is.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TwoMomsAndBabyM
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:46 AM

I think this meme is a ridiculous exaggeration. It's proven that society is harsher toward women,minorities and gay people. The most desired group throughout history has been white males. Why is saying that always perceived as an attack? Everyone should be proud of who they are.

TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Fuck it's to late for bullshit like this
TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:49 AM
I think you and op are both right. People go around saying what OP posted, but the way people act is still very discriminatory.

Quoting TwoMomsAndBabyM:

I think this meme is a ridiculous exaggeration. It's proven that society is harsher toward women,minorities and gay people. The most desired group throughout history has been white males. Why is saying that always perceived as an attack? Everyone should be proud of who they are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Ridiculous exaggeration? I think that they are just plain stupid and anyone who shares them is equally, if not more, ignorant than the meme.

Quoting TwoMomsAndBabyM:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Quoting TwoMomsAndBabyM:

That's right, everyone SHOULD be proud of who they are, but the fact is that certain groups can not express it without being bashed for it.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:55 AM
Hahahaha I love that the brown bear slaps the polar bear with a fish.

You know, because it's an Alaskan thing.

Quoting TurtleMami:

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwoMomsAndBabyM
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:59 AM

I don't think that's true. It's only in this day in age that homosexuals,minorities and even women are allowed to show pride. All three have always been heavily oppressed. Most people don't think it's wrong for white, straight men to show pride....just redundant. Before anyone attacks me, I don't find any fault with being proud to be white,male or straight, but memes like this come from a place of misunderstanding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TwoMomsAndBabyM:

That's right, everyone SHOULD be proud of who they are, but the fact is that certain groups can not express it without being bashed for it.

TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:06 AM
That fish looks very dolfiny.

Quoting JessT5280: Hahahaha I love that the brown bear slaps the polar bear with a fish.

You know, because it's an Alaskan thing.

Quoting TurtleMami:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:06 AM

You are lucky that you live in a place of tolerance. It's definitely not the same where I live. Tolerance is only doled out to minority groups. This town touts itself as being "All inclusive", which it is if you are a minority of some sort.

Quoting TwoMomsAndBabyM:

I don't think that's true. It's only in this day in age that homosexuals,minorities and even women are allowed to show pride. All three have always been heavily oppressed. Most people don't think it's wrong for white, straight men to show pride....just redundant. Before anyone attacks me, I don't find any fault with being proud to be white,male or straight, but memes like this come from a place of misunderstanding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TwoMomsAndBabyM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)