Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3yo potty accidents.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

(changed title, originally intended to, but hit submit too soon)

DD (just turned 3) has been potty trained for just about a year now. 

But the last couple weeks she's peed the bed twice and had so many day time accidents that I've lost count. I just got done cleaning up the first one today, and Im sure there will be another by bedtime. The daytime ones seem to be just her ignoring having to go because she's playing, but that wouldnt explain the night accidents. (Which, once in a while wouldnt concern me, but two within a week of eachother and paired with daytimes, does)

I think I will call her pediatrician to rule out an UTI, even though she says nothing hurts. But what else should I do? (other than trying to get her on the toilet every half hour or so to get her back in routine... she does fight me when I suggest she takes potty breaks... Im still doing it when Im not at work and dad does when I am at work, but any other advice would be welcome.)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM

bumps

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM
She might just get preoccupied during playtime. My dd sometimes ignores the urge and then has emergencies and sometimes we're not quite fast enough :/ as for wetting the bed restrict liquids after dinner and make sure she tries before bed. Also a night light in the hall and the bathroom to make it less scary if she wakes up needing to tinkle.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Any big life changes?  Ds was accident free then he started preschool and wet the bed nightly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM

enh... we already do all the bedtime ideas... Thanks though :) 

Anyone else, because you would know that my washer quit right before she started doing this... and the laundromat is getting O.L.D. 

Hehehe... :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Any big life changes?  Ds was accident free then he started preschool and wet the bed nightly.

No... nothing new...

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Well maybe check wih her dr then to see if she's got a uti or something.  Good luck mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

No... nothing new...

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Yup this is very common.  You simply need to remind her to go often.  They get lazy about going because they don't want to stop what they are doing but rule out something else by taking her to the dtr. if nothing is wrong then you know to remind her frequently.

Mylilmonkey1120
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:07 AM
good luck. I'm still trying to figure it out with my 4 year-old
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)