Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnancy after Mirena?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Life on Mirena was okay. It changed my periods drastically. I went from having major cramps before to having no cramps and just slight back pain with Mirena. I took it out about a year and a half ago after only a little over 2 years of having it. My periods went back to being heavy and painful but now I can't seem to get pregnant.

How long was it after you took out Mirena that you got pregnant?

I fear the worst.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:55 AM
My periods stopped completely two months after I had mine put in. I had it for three years and it took 9 months to get pregnant after removal, which is the average amount of time it takes any "average" ttc couple. How long have you been trying?
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I got pregnant with the Mirena still IN. Apparently that is not uncommon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM

mirena has ruined many a fertile woman...look up the lawsuits on it

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I had to have it removed after two years because I was having a lot of problems with it. It took me 10 months to get pregnant.

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I have read a lot of stories where women stuggle to get pregnant after it. I had mine in for 2 years, I got my period back (I was also nursing FT) when my daughter was 20 months old and after that they were like clockwork as before. I removed mine and concieved the 2nd month after removal, I am now 24 weeks with a healthy baby girl. GL and I hope you concieve soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Since a month or two after I had it removed. I've calculated ovulation and everything no luck at all. My first pregnancy was unexpected. His father and I were "trying" to have a baby because we were "so much" in love (whatever) then we both came to our senses in December and decided that we needed to wait and then cold lonely Janruary comes around and 9 months later we have a boy! LoL. I never had protected sex and it was like 2 years from the time I started having sex to the time I got pregnant. Not sure why but I think my uterus is stubborn.

Quoting sjenkins8208: My periods stopped completely two months after I had mine put in. I had it for three years and it took 9 months to get pregnant after removal, which is the average amount of time it takes any "average" ttc couple. How long have you been trying?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Took it out May/2012 and got pregnant November/2013
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Oh boy can I relate! It took two cycles to conceive our first. I had the Mirena and then it took 9 months. We lost that one at 7 weeks and it took 5 more months to conceive again. We lost that one at 23 weeks and then conceived our FIRST cycle trying. Lol my uterus is VERY stubborn, but we are over 23 weeks with a healthy boy.

Most doctors won't look into issues until 6 month to a year after starting ttc :( just keep trying ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Since a month or two after I had it removed. I've calculated ovulation and everything no luck at all. My first pregnancy was unexpected. His father and I were "trying" to have a baby because we were "so much" in love (whatever) then we both came to our senses in December and decided that we needed to wait and then cold lonely Janruary comes around and 9 months later we have a boy! LoL. I never had protected sex and it was like 2 years from the time I started having sex to the time I got pregnant. Not sure why but I think my uterus is stubborn.

Quoting sjenkins8208: My periods stopped completely two months after I had mine put in. I had it for three years and it took 9 months to get pregnant after removal, which is the average amount of time it takes any "average" ttc couple. How long have you been trying?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I got pregnant instantly lol. Seriously though, i removed it in sept and got a bfp in early oct.
acclbentz
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM

One month with my first Mirena (taken out Sept. 7th, positive tests October 2nd) - he's now going on 3, and two months with my second Mirena (taken out July 18th, positive tests Sept. 2nd) - miscarried Sept. 3rd. Still ttc with no luck, going on Cycle #10 and month 9.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)