Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does my ad sound okay? UPDATED 4/3 on pg.3 UPDATE 4/7 on pg. 3 as well

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Seal Point Siamese needs new home

I am going to be very honest, because I really want to find her a good home! If you can't provide that, please don't email me. 

Maya is a 6 year old female seal point Siamese mix. I love her dearly but we have 3 cats and one of our males has been picking on her and causing her to spray. She was 8 weeks when we got her and our other cats have lived here even longer so it wasn't a new addition issue. She was spayed and front declawed when she was 6 months old. We have multiple litter boxes and Maya has been to the vet to rule out any health issues, she is healthy and up to date on shots. The vet thinks it's behavioral because of our other pets. We have been trying an anxiety pill (less than $9 a month) that has helped some but not completely. 

Maya has to go to an indoor only home with NO other pets, preferably only older kids (she does fine with young kids, but usually keeps her distance when she can) so that she can be stress free. She usually stays upstairs when we have company, because of that I will give you her medication to help with the transition. It was prescribed at Creature Comforts in Ankeny, I'm sure they can get you a refill if you wanted it since she's on record. We are sure the spraying will stop when re-homed though, and she won't need the meds at all!

Maya is very sweet. However, she is not a lap cat, doesn't like her belly rubbed and has never liked picked up. She loves to be petted and will sit by you though. I've never seen her mean to anyone. She usually only likes crunchy treats not the moist ones. She doesn't really beg for table food and will rarely eat it even if you give it to her. 

If you can give this pretty girl the home she needs I'm asking a $25 re-homing fee ONLY because I'm hoping that will help keep her out of a bad home. I may reconsider the fee all together if I can find her the perfect home. This is going to be hard for us, especially our 9 year old son because Maya likes to lay in bed by him when he goes to sleep. Please give her a great home. 

We think the spraying will go away once she is free of the stress from other animals.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I really hate to get rid of her, but I can't keep cleaning up cat spray and she deserves a stress free home. I just hope I can find someone that will take a chance on her. Makes me cry..

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I bid you good luck on finding her a home. I doubt anyone will take her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Probably not, but the vet really doesn't think she will spray once she has a home by herself....Hopefully someone will....

Quoting Loveavision: I bid you good luck on finding her a home. I doubt anyone will take her.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I hope so too (:

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably not, but the vet really doesn't think she will spray once she has a home by herself....Hopefully someone will....

Quoting Loveavision: I bid you good luck on finding her a home. I doubt anyone will take her.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Picky on treats, takes meds, not a lap cat, no kids, no other pets, sprays... Im sorry. What is your plan when no one takes her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM

She's fine with kids, I just think the less stress the better for the spraying issue. Maybe I should just say no babies and toddlers? Once she's away from other animals the spraying should stop and she won't need the meds. She's very loving, but no, not all cats are lap cats. They make a lot of crunchy treats, that's not a big deal...and we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Quoting JDmommyJD: Picky on treats, takes meds, not a lap cat, no kids, no other pets, sprays... Im sorry. What is your plan when no one takes her?

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I know, desperately, some of those are not that big of a deal.. But all together? I think your post sounds very negative/pessimistic. Nothing says "you want this cat". Jmo. Maybe include a pic?

Quoting Anonymous:

She's fine with kids, I just think the less stress the better for the spraying issue. Maybe I should just say no babies and toddlers? Once she's away from other animals the spraying should stop and she won't need the meds. She's very loving, but no, not all cats are lap cats. They make a lot of crunchy treats, that's not a big deal...and we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Quoting JDmommyJD: Picky on treats, takes meds, not a lap cat, no kids, no other pets, sprays... Im sorry. What is your plan when no one takes her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I included several pics, here's one. I just don't want her to go to a home and they are mean to her or dump her outside because they didn't  get full disclosure. 

Quoting JDmommyJD: I know, desperately, some of those are not that big of a deal.. But all together? I think your post sounds very negative/pessimistic. Nothing says "you want this cat". Jmo. Maybe include a pic?
Quoting Anonymous:

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Oohhh, she's pretty!! That helps!

Quoting Anonymous:

I included several pics, here's one. I just don't want her to go to a home and they are mean to her or dump her outside because they didn't  get full disclosure. 

Quoting JDmommyJD: I know, desperately, some of those are not that big of a deal.. But all together? I think your post sounds very negative/pessimistic. Nothing says "you want this cat". Jmo. Maybe include a pic?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Too long and high maintenance. Holy crap, it's a cat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)