Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you get your child tested? Ranting

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM
  • 129 Replies
5 moms liked this
Why is it everytime a mom on here complains of there kid being bad or having sensitivity of stuff the first thing I see it did you get him tested or is he on the spectrum or maybe they have sensory issues.What kind of a society do we live In now that if your kid acts out at all they need to be tested.When I was a kid if you acted like a terror you were punished until it stuck.If you didn't like something like a shower or loud noises you just avoided them no sensory issues.it seems like every child on here is a special case.either we are over diagnosing things like autism or there is something wrong to cause these kids to have these issues.
Autism and sensory issues are the ADHD of my generation.if you think your kid needs testing great get them tested.But not liking pudding or not listening or not doing does not automatically mean special needs.It is being hugley over diagnosed.
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:37 AM
5 moms liked this

You obviously have children with no issues whatsoever and no experience of children with issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM
8 moms liked this

its easier to get your kid a label, that way hes/shes special needs and everyone has to accept his/her nasty behavior.

It also gives the mommies a way to feel useful, and get sympathy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM
8 moms liked this

IF kids are tested and there is early intervention they may get counseling and therapy during childhood and end up living more typical lives as adults.  I don't think you really understand disabilities or special needs.  Do you think they don't exist?  I know some sn moms that would love for you to visit their house and live in their reality for a few hours.  If you have never experienced something it's hard to understand it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM
3 moms liked this

you forgot about gifted. 

Most kids who are poorly behaved school are bored because they are so immensly snart. Just ask CM. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I always ask first b/c if there is an issue that the child can't control, I find it cruel to punish them repeatedly for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously have children with no issues whatsoever and no experience of children with issues.

My children do have issues. I know we are not perfect parents and need to do things differently and we are working on changing things at home. Things have gotten much better. 

But I've been told my youngest must be autistic because of what I've posted about his behavior. 

He's not autstic he's spoiled!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM
I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM
None of my kids have been tested. I had a pediatrician try to tell me my oldest had autism and a preschool teacher tell me if I didn't get her diagnosed she'd never make it through kindergarten. She was never diagnosed with anything and is now an advanced 2nd grader.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM
She never said they didn't exist .

Quoting Anonymous:

IF kids are tested and there is early intervention they may get counseling and therapy during childhood and end up living more typical lives as adults.  I don't think you really understand disabilities or special needs.  Do you think they don't exist?  I know some sn moms that would love for you to visit their house and live in their reality for a few hours.  If you have never experienced something it's hard to understand it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)