Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously, my dogs are not going anywhere

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
5 moms liked this
What the hell kind of person goes to the dog park, with their kid who's allergic to dogs? We have one dog park in our whole town, or at least only one that's also a kid park. I have 2 kids, and two dogs. Perfect, right? My dogs are seniors, they are small mutts who pretty much just lay in the sun on their blankets. They don't need a leash, but they have them on anyways. So there I was, kids playing in the playground, dogs sunning themselves, me reading and drinking my coffee. And this lady comes up and asks me to put my dogs in the dogs only part of the park, her kid is allergic. Why the fuck would you bring your kid to the dog park then??? Go to one of the other 10 parks where there's no dogs allowed! My dogs stayed where they were, and she stormed off. Crazy.

Wdyt? Would you have moved your dogs?

Eta I don't put my dogs in the dog only part of the park because they are old and gentle. The dogs in the run part typically run a lot and roughhouse.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Were they allowed to be where they were?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM
3 moms liked this
You are outdoors. Its not like ur sitting on top of them. Idiots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Yes absolutely, with a leash on.

Quoting Anonymous: Were they allowed to be where they were?
Sekirei
by Nari on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM
6 moms liked this

awww... I wouldn't have moved either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Not only that, we were like 50 feet away from the actual playground.

Quoting Anonymous: You are outdoors. Its not like ur sitting on top of them. Idiots.
Sandiekd21
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM
4 moms liked this

I would agree with you.

If my kids were allergic, I wouldn't take them to a KNOWN dog park...

wamom223
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I really can not believe that she asked you that.  I think its one thing if you are at a park that doesn't allow dogs and that is the whole reason you took them there but this is just dumb.  Personally I refuse to take my dogs to a dog park and let them roam because someone last year found pieces of cheese with nails in them all over the park and that just freaked me out.  We take them on hikes and walks and they have a huge backyard but they are my fur babies and I just can't stomach taking them there after that.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM
OMG that's horrible! My dogs go everywhere with me, but I'm lucky enough that they are old and lazy and never roam more than 5 feet from me

Quoting wamom223:

I really can not believe that she asked you that.  I think its one thing if you are at a park that doesn't allow dogs and that is the whole reason you took them there but this is just dumb.  Personally I refuse to take my dogs to a dog park and let them roam because someone last year found pieces of cheese with nails in them all over the park and that just freaked me out.  We take them on hikes and walks and they have a huge backyard but they are my fur babies and I just can't stomach taking them there after that.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Then I would have politely told her to go away. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: Yes absolutely, with a leash on.

Quoting Anonymous: Were they allowed to be where they were?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN