Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING, SO SHUT UP ALREADY!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am so over family looking at me funny when I tell them I am going to school to become an Herbalist & studying Aromatherapy as well.

Maybe one day more people will understand that what we put into our bodies can heal us & prevent things as well, many times more than the drugs they prescribe us.

I don't preach against modern medicine bc well it is necessary many times, I just got off an antibiotic which I enhanced w/herbs, spices, teas, oils.  

I'm not going to lie when someone asks me what I'm going to school for & I'm not going to lie when asked for advice on how to help w/chest congestion or something else.

My FIL even tells me I'm becoming one of those hippie freaks, WTH!  My life, my DH is supportive and I enjoy it so that is all that matters!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM

BUMP

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this
That's actually pretty cool.
Didn't even know what the fuck that was but hey! Good luck, fuck them twice on a Sunday, and get those herbs working :)
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM

if that is all that really matters then it would not  irk you that they disagree. i think its awesome!!!!

Photo: -Randi.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this

myloveismyfaith
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I think that's awesome. They may not understand it now, but I feel like were taking a turn back towards herbalist and natural medications lately, because of such a nationwide dependency on prescription medications. I wouldn't worry too much about there opinions, stick with what you love!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Good for you for doing what you want.

How long have you been studying?

catcameback
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Someone has to do that job, if you are interested, why not you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM

While I am happy with what I'm doing & enjoy it, being put down, laughed at, etc gets annoying after awhile.  The same old hippie comment gets old and annoying.

It is kind of like when your child has a favorite song they sing over and over again.  You are so glad they are happy & having fun but eventually you get annoyed by it.

Quoting brettsmomma:

if that is all that really matters then it would not  irk you that they disagree. i think its awesome!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been doing things kind of on my own for about a year to help w/stress, but started classes about 4 months ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you for doing what you want.

How long have you been studying?

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM

LOL Ok I totally get that!!! Do what makes you happy. !!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

While I am happy with what I'm doing & enjoy it, being put down, laughed at, etc gets annoying after awhile.  The same old hippie comment gets old and annoying.

It is kind of like when your child has a favorite song they sing over and over again.  You are so glad they are happy & having fun but eventually you get annoyed by it.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)