Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm certain this must be illegal ?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 27 Replies

Long Post Sorry =

I woke up yesterday with the memory of something that happened with me at my School when I was around 11 years old.  I Never gave what happened any thought but yesterday it hit me as WOW NO... as my DD is getting closer to school aged this garbage worries me for All kids !!!

OK....   This took place in my Las Vegas School and I was in a Special Education class.  Because this was my Special Ed class we only had like 4 kids in the room.  Well my class mate & friend told me he was Gay and I told him "How can you even know that, you're a kid !  I don't even like boys yet, LOL"

I at NO time insulted him !!!!   We were still friends for Years !  I never and still Don't bad mouth gay's.  Just to get that out before you all have me Executed, LOL

Now this is when it got crazy and I'm certain illegal =

A few days later His parents came in the middle of the day to our class Just to Talk/Interrogate me (Teacher Never even informed my Mom or got a OK).    His Mom went into shooting off tons of question at me as the teacher eagerly observed are conversation (I did not care as I was very forth coming with my opinions to any one that asked).  She went on and on about Why I think this &/or that and why I think Gay is Gross and DID church tell me this !!! (At the time we only when to church a few times in the past then stopped and I did Not even consider myself a Christian and did Not have a Christian home).  But she was Convicted I was lying and was Trained to have that Opinions by a Church.  After her asking over & over and she not getting the answers She wonted I looked her in the eye and told her "Do you like Sodomy ? Because I think it's Gross and I'm allowed to have my own opinion".

Looking back they must of just been itching for a law-suit or something ? Even though I did not insult or persecute my friend in ANY WAY !

When has it ever been OK for a Parent to interview another persons kid during class ?????

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Of course that's not allowed. 

You just remembered that? How this suddenly come back to you?

ChrystalGreene
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I did not forget that this EVER happened but I looked at it from a parents eye for the fist time.    I see all sorts of crazy things going on at schools on the news and from other parents and I was thinking this must all be something new but it hit me, crazy things at school have been going on for a long time !  it's not new

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course that's not allowed. 

You just remembered that? How this suddenly come back to you?

lalalamama
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I wouldn't dwell on this. There's nothing you can or should do. And no, the school shouldn't have allowed this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I grew up in Vegas...what school was this at? That is a weird thing to have happen... I am not sure about illegal, maybe wrong of them to interrogate you that way, but I don't know about illegal..

ChrystalGreene
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I'm not upset for me, It did not faze me a bit BUT as a Parent what if something like that happened to my DD !!! that's whats going on in my head right now

Quoting lalalamama: I wouldn't dwell on this. There's nothing you can or should do. And no, the school shouldn't have allowed this.

BlueSparrow
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

For some reason i'm having a hard time believing this.....Who says that at 11??????

ChrystalGreene
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I don't think giving you the name of the school with make Any difference...  That teacher is doubtfully  there still after 22 years.  I don't think they even have that specific Special Ed class anymore.  But Hi there Fellow Vegas raised :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I grew up in Vegas...what school was this at? That is a weird thing to have happen... I am not sure about illegal, maybe wrong of them to interrogate you that way, but I don't know about illegal..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM

True... Do you still ive in Vegas? If not do you visit much?

Quoting ChrystalGreene:

I don't think giving you the name of the school with make Any difference...  That teacher is doubtfully  there still after 22 years.  I don't think they even have that specific Special Ed class anymore.  But Hi there Fellow Vegas raised :)

Quoting Anonymous:

ChrystalGreene
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:15 PM

A kid with no filter  =  Meet my Mom some time, LOL  you will see where its from

Quoting BlueSparrow:

For some reason i'm having a hard time believing this.....Who says that at 11??????

ChrystalGreene
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:16 PM

My husband is Military ... I don't know if I will ever see Vegas again :(

Quoting Anonymous:

True... Do you still ive in Vegas? If not do you visit much?

Quoting ChrystalGreene:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)