Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I saw all these girls with baby carriers at ds high school today..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:20 PM
  • 144 Replies

I thought wow is the teen pregnancy statistic getting higher or what? I was still in my car and when ds got in I asked him if their high school allowed for the girls to bring the newborn to class. He said umm no Mom  this is a class called parenting those babies are fake. Duh. I am 42 and I was never offered a class such as this so I know I am old for cafemom. Did anyone of you ladies take this class? When did they start offering it? I was just wondering being out of high school over 20 years now.

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Yes. I'm 24 and it was offered my sophomore year in home economics. We only had to take it for a weekend.
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I'm 31 and we had those in home economics.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM
They offered it at my school but they also had a daycare at my high school for teen moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM
They did that at my school. I never participated. However, I participated in another assignment that consisted of carrying a fake cigarette pack. My school also had a separate school within the school for pregnant girls.
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I graduated in 2008 and was in a parenting class.  The school I went to couldn't afford the babies that a lot of schools have now so we did an Egg Baby project.  You brought in a baby doll and they put in egg in it.  If at the end of the week the egg wasn't broken you passed.  You had to fill out a log too.  If you had to go somewhere and couldn't take the baby you had to pay someone to babysit and mark it in the log.  You also had to mark feedings, diaper changes, etc.  It was really lame and in no way prepared anyone for babies lol

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM
I am 37 and we did not have that.
Melissa...
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM
We had it, but we dressed up a hard boiled egg.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Nope I'm 25 and it wasn't offered in our school. Even if it was I would've never taken it. I don't think many people would.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I graduated in 06 and my HS had it. They had those creepy elecronic babies. I was not interested in that class at all whatsoever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I did. We had to walk around with a fake belly :/ seeing all the looks people gave me was so embarrassing. I stopped wearing that shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)