Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Autistic children and their future

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Are you concerned with the next generation of autistic adults?  I think it's fair to wonder since there are more children diagnosed with autism everyday.  The numbers are alarming.  1 in 68.  (Edit) 

Discuss with empathy and class, please.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Replies (61-66):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:23 PM

That must be difficult to think about.  I'm sorry.  You must love him and your parents very much to have already made this decision.

Quoting reuacod: My brother is severely autistic and will never be able to function on his own. He will live with me when my parents are no longer able to care for him. It's hard to think about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:28 PM
There's no other option in my mind. He's almost 20 and mentally he's about 5 or 6. He is so happy and full of joy, though. I love him very much. My greatest fear is that he will outlive us and be all alone with no family. That fucking terrifies me.

Quoting Anonymous:

That must be difficult to think about.  I'm sorry.  You must love him and your parents very much to have already made this decision.

Quoting reuacod: My brother is severely autistic and will never be able to function on his own. He will live with me when my parents are no longer able to care for him.

It's hard to think about.

reuacod
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:28 PM
That was me- hit anon by mistake.

Quoting Anonymous: There's no other option in my mind. He's almost 20 and mentally he's about 5 or 6. He is so happy and full of joy, though. I love him very much. My greatest fear is that he will outlive us and be all alone with no family. That fucking terrifies me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting reuacod: My brother is severely autistic and will never be able to function on his own. He will live with me when my parents are no longer able to care for him.

It's hard to think about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Thank you! I rarely discuss my theories about this because, though educated as I am, I'm dismissed at best (ridiculed at worst). The brain DOES evolve and we have barely mapped a portion of it. We don't understand WHY it's wired differently in some and not in others, how it does what it does. The brain is amazing and mysterious and, I think, capable of many things we are barely imagining.
Isn't it amazing a part of our body can hide its true potential from the rest of the body it runs?

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting.  I personally do not discount such theories because I believe our brain evolves.  

Quoting Anonymous: I have a theory...I think the amount of people with sensory processing disorder and autism is the next step in our evolving species. Sort of like x men. Misunderstood, difficult to adjust to functioning in society, ostracized, in some cases feared. ...I think eventually, life will adjust, society will adjust (we've made great strides already) and we'll see a new level of advancement in so many ways, ways we can't conceive of yet. Because we're a short sighted as a people, xenophobic, and narcissistic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:02 AM

So you believe there is a direct correlation between the use of BC and the flu vaccine.  Why BC?  I have never heard this theory before.

Quoting happydancer:

they say the number is going up. im not sure if it is bc of flu shot immunizations.

happydancer
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:09 AM

immunizations have been known to carry doses of mercury and formaldehyde. that would screw anyone up.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you believe there is a direct correlation between the use of BC and the flu vaccine.  Why BC?  I have never heard this theory before.

Quoting happydancer:

they say the number is going up. im not sure if it is bc of flu shot immunizations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)