Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
If your child came home from detention saying they made him clean desks and toilets. Your child has bad asthma, also. Would you be the pissed off parent? Or the parent that hands your child the toilet brush, and says good do ours.
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ethanlogan13
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Bump
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:54 PM
I'm cool with desks but not toilets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Clean the toilets at detention?!?! I'd be pissed!! Call the school he's not the Damn custodian.That's bs if its true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:57 PM

where did this happen and what did he do. I wouldn't like cleaning toilets. my son's detention is no recess and sitting in the AP office.

Josie_P
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:58 PM

How old is said child?

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Desks? Ok. Toilets? No. Doing mine at home are not the same thing either.

Mommy2jeremy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Pissed. My kid isn't cleaning anyones toilets. Thats degrading and not appropriate at all for a school to do.
mama24sweeties
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM

What's wrong with cleaning toilets? I would tell my kid if he didn't like doing that, maybe he ought to behave and do well in school so he doesn't have to clean toilets for a living.

I had to clean toilets to get myself through college. It fucking sucks, but hard work is good for a kid sometimes. Kids are raised to be these little whiny fucking snowflakes now. Why should detention just include sitting there doing nothing? Put them to work and make them respect.

Lavie74
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I wouldn't be mad, but I would notify the school that my child had asthma and could not use cleaning products in the future.

ethanlogan13
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:32 AM
Michigan.

Quoting readyforhim:

where did this happen and what did he do. I wouldn't like cleaning toilets. my son's detention is no recess and sitting in the AP office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)