Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do my kids really look that awful? Seriously? $400

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sis-in-law goes overboard on her kids clothes.  She was bragging to me that the price of her daughter's outfit added up to $400.  I could never spend that in a billion years.  I usually go to Gabes for my son's school clothes.  He has a pair of Nikes and a nice pair of boots.  He wears Levi's most of the time.  My 3 yr. old usually wears Walmart clothes and hand me downs because he is bad for ruining his clothes so I don't like to invest in him.  He has nice shoes but has sensory issues with his feet.  There is one pair of shoes he likes to wear always.  She bought him a pair of shoes because she said she was so tired of seeing him in the same shoes.  The problem is I cant get him to wear the shoes she bought.  She told me she gets embarrased when she takes my kids anywhere.  It makes me sad.  Guess we just have different priorities.  Plus it saddens me when I hear my niece and nephew scolded for messing up their clothes.  I've never fussed at my kids about clothes...I just clean them.  Oh well...just wanted to vent.  I dont have that much and I do my best.  I go to my sons school and he looks like his classmates...dont feel that he needs to stand out.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladymaleficent
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I like my kid to look nice I just spent 400 on new stuff for him,if he gets xirty I make him change. Drives me nuts to see messy unkept kids and adults, what you do at hime is one thing but out is different
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:36 AM
5 moms liked this

They arent unkempt and she spent $400 on one outfit.  I spend $400 on a whole shopping spree.  I do make them change but dont yell at them because they spill food or get dirt on them.

Quoting ladymaleficent: I like my kid to look nice I just spent 400 on new stuff for him,if he gets xirty I make him change. Drives me nuts to see messy unkept kids and adults, what you do at hime is one thing but out is different

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM
7 moms liked this

I can fill my kids closet for under 200 bucks. My kids play hard, their clothes are clean but I don't dress them like little dolls. I don't care if others want to do that, but I think it's a waste of money.

Darknessrose
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I don't spend 400$ on dd's clothes. o.O I just couldn't. Last time it costed me 250$ for a few cute outfits.
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:40 AM
3 moms liked this

How rude of her! I don't like shallow people and I would never be embarrassed to be around any kid.

I used to have a teenage girl neighbor who was totally goth, black lipstick and all and she always wanted to tag around with me. I would get SO pissed off at the glaring, staring people in the stores because they were so judgemental. She was a beautiful soul, just looked different.

ladymaleficent
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Neither do I and I have a boy, but if we go out muddin there are old jeans and tees if we go out too dinner then it is shorts nice button down or tee and flip flops, it is not a doll but no need to be a slob
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I will shop anywhere from Wal-Mart to Bloomingdales for my children, price doesn't matter, I just buy what I like......If it cost $1 or $100, maybe that's what she does too.....are you jealous of her spending habits?

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Ya I will admit unless playing in the back yard I am on them about keeping their clothes neat and clean.  We take shirts off to eat so nothing gets spilled on them, they don't wear clothes that have rips, or stains. 

I would never however, spend $400 on one outfit.  I am spending $80 for one of my son's Easter outfits but that is the exception not the rule and is a very rare occurance. 

I think as long as they look neat, tidy and have clothing that fits nicely that anyone who has a problem with what brand they have on can shove it. 

lizzymom80
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Wow!  That's crazy.  My kids get clothes from pretty much anywhere.  Luckily, nobody really cares as long as they look nice i.e. bathed with clean clothes.

kameronsmommy08
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM
My kids have an extensive wardrobe. I like them to look nice. Mostly gap, target, nice shoes.
I don't judge others though, everyone's different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)