Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is going on with her? update pg 6

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Earlier, my DD (3) said she bit her tongue. She was drooling, crying and puked a few times.
This was at 6 pm. It is now 1 am and she is still drooling, she gags and brings up clear liquids. She has no fever but her hands and feet are FREEZING and pale in colour.
Her breathing and pulse is normal.
Does this sound like a possible stomach bug or should I bring her to the ER in the morning?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Replies (51-60):
mrs-jt
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Thank God you took her in when you did
partygal19dani
by Danielle on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:56 PM
How is your baby doing??
kim_mama_of_two
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:49 PM
During extreme out breaks like cold and flu season the hospital im closest to doesn't like children under 12 who arent patients back in the er department because your "risking their health" quoting what nurses and doctors told me this past winter! Every hospital is different though!

Quoting Anonymous: I have never once heard if an ER actually turning people away because of the accompanying children's ages. If that's what they tell you, they're wrong. They can't refuse to let one of your children in the ER just because of their age if your other child needs to be seen.

Quoting kim_mama_of_two: Have someone meet you at the er to take care of the other 3. I know where im from the hospital wont let any child under 12 in the er room unless they are the patient (s). My mom and s/o's mother are always on call for me when I myself have to go to the er because they wont let me just bring my daughter to the room with me!

Quoting Anonymous: Seriously?? That hands looks BLUE! Take them all. You really want to find out you caused a serious issue with your daughter that could have been avoided all because you didn't want to tow your other kids in with you???

Quoting Anonymous: I need to get a sitter for my other 3 children first.

Quoting Anonymous: Seriously? Get off of the computer and get her to an ER!
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM
How scary! I'm glad you took her in! Good luck!
LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous: Xrays show a toonie stuck at the top of her esophagus. She is being prepped for surgery
conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM

bump for update

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM

That's crazy! How did she get a toonie in there? Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous: Xrays show a toonie stuck at the top of her esophagus. She is being prepped for surgery

amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Poor baby. Glad you got her in. Hope she has a speedy recovery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Turns out it was actually a quarter. We got discharged from the hospital shortly after 11 pm, we came home and slept.
She is back to her normal self, talking and playing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Doesn't like you bringing kids, sure. But they wouldn't refuse you bringing in, or receiving care for, your child.

Quoting kim_mama_of_two: During extreme out breaks like cold and flu season the hospital im closest to doesn't like children under 12 who arent patients back in the er department because your "risking their health" quoting what nurses and doctors told me this past winter! Every hospital is different though!

Quoting Anonymous: I have never once heard if an ER actually turning people away because of the accompanying children's ages. If that's what they tell you, they're wrong. They can't refuse to let one of your children in the ER just because of their age if your other child needs to be seen.

Quoting kim_mama_of_two: Have someone meet you at the er to take care of the other 3. I know where im from the hospital wont let any child under 12 in the er room unless they are the patient (s). My mom and s/o's mother are always on call for me when I myself have to go to the er because they wont let me just bring my daughter to the room with me!

Quoting Anonymous: Seriously?? That hands looks BLUE! Take them all. You really want to find out you caused a serious issue with your daughter that could have been avoided all because you didn't want to tow your other kids in with you???

Quoting Anonymous: I need to get a sitter for my other 3 children first.

Quoting Anonymous: Seriously? Get off of the computer and get her to an ER!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN