Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Noah - least Biblical movie ever

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
2 moms liked this
Noah fails as a movie for so many reasons but here is a list of 5 main reasons:
1. The film’s cast wears clothing that would have been considered modern in the early 19th century! Seeing the characters walk around in shoes, use backpacks, and have fine stitched clothes was an immediate turn off for me from the first minutes of the film.Love the machine stitching and leather gloves!
2. The film promotes Evolution instead of Creation!!! How is this even possible in a Biblical movie? Noah sits down to share the story of creation to his family once again and the film shows how creatures of the ocean appeared, eventually turned into lizards, dinosaurs, apes, and finally humans. Nowhere does it mention that man was created in God’s own image.
3. The main builders of the ark are angels who fell from heaven and became giant rock creatures! I know it sounds ridiculous and it is!These 6 armed rock creatures are Noah’s friend and help him build and defend the ark
4. Noah decides that God actually meant to kill everyone. While on the ark, Noah decides to end the human race by killing his familyIn the film, Noah contemplates suicide and murdering his family
5. The film’s villain successfully sneaks onto the ark by using an axe to cut a hole, befriends Noah’s son Ham to plot against his father and kill Noah
The true story of Noah is so powerful, so compelling, that you don’t need all the Hollywood nonsense to enhance this film. Add a simple storyline a la James Cameron in Titanic and use today’s technology to engage modern day viewers and pique their interest in one of the world’s oldest stories. Unfortunately film director Darren Aronofsky completely missed this point and the result is a cinematic disaster.
Watching this movie left a chilling effect on me as I left the theaters. I was outraged, upset, and simply mortified that a story of such epic proportions could be twisted around and retold in a way that leaves audiences completely void of the truth. I shouldn’t be surprised though, the film’s director Darren Aronofsky is a self-proclaimed Atheist and yet this man directed the film! But as I researched more to find out the truth I found his self-proclaimed goal was to make Noahthe “least Biblical Biblical movie”. Aronofsky seems to have done the impossible, he took a Biblical story and made it into a secular film that does not mention God once.

http://travelwithcyrus.com/2014/03/28/why-russell-crowes-film-noah-has-touched-my-heart-for-all-the-wrong-reasons/

**edit**
I have never once given my opinion, I am only posting an article. Anyone saying that it's "sad that I thought it would be any different" has clearly missed the point of the post. Although yes, I would expect a movie based on a Bible story to be at least remotely Biblical in the same way that I expect a movie based on a book to at least resemble the book.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vamaria
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I heard it was very bad, but that is horrible!

DensHag
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Saw it this afternoon and HATED it. I actually felt bad that Emma Watson was in that horrible piece of crap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Lol makes me want to see it even more.

Sadly, most don't know that the Christians aren't the only ones with a version of Noah and the flood. This NEVER promised to be an accurate depiction of the bible story.

It's art. You don't have to agree with it or like it.
momof3grls4517
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks. I was looking forward to seeing it. Thanks for the heads up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Facts To Consider

Darren Aronofsky, the director of the film, is a “card carrying atheist” and open about it.At the opening of the Noah Movie in Mexico, Darren Aronofsky said: ”It’s a very, very different movie. Anything you’re expecting, you’re f—ing wrong.”Aronofsky also said: “I’m Godless. And so I’ve had to make my God, and my God is narrative filmmaking, which is — ultimately what my God becomes.”Aronofsky is not interested in the Biblical record, fossil record, or hundreds of cultural records that testify to the Flood being a true event. He summed up his view of the Biblical account like this: “I don’t think it’s a very religious story, I think it’s a great fable that’s part of so many different religions and spiritual practices. I just think it’s a great story that’s never been on film.”Paramount Pictures is the funder for this movie. They also produced the Wolf of Wall Street which used the F word more than 500 times at an average of one every 21 seconds and blasphemed the name of God almost two dozen times.Reason #1 in the article, “5 Reasons Why Atheists Should Look Forward To Noah” is “Darren Aronofsky is God.” The article concludes, “So get out there, enjoy the film and lap it up like the deity that you’ve always wanted to be!”Critics are not so thrilled about the project saying, “Some have been bowled over by his epic take on the story of the ark, while most others find his movie messy and ill-conceived, with the result not quite coming together.”

http://www.creationtoday.org/why-i-wont-go-see-noah-on-march-28th/
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Wow. I was worried it was going to be bad, but that's even worse than I expected. I won't be seeing it.
ChaiTeaMomma32
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:29 AM
That sucks. I named my son after the Biblical Noah and was planning to see that movie.
nicki1018
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Did you actually think it was going to be anywhere near the Biblical story... It's Hollywood! Glad I'm missing it since it was bad, although I find what's his name very sexy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Russell Crow? I think? Yeah he is kinda sexy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:32 AM

it wasn't meant to be biblical.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)