Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daughter camping with bf

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My 16 yr old daughters bf invited her to go on a week camping trip with his parental when school is out. I talked with his mom and she said her and hub would have one tent and my dd and bf would share another tent. They already have sex and use bc but I'm not sure I want them going away for a week together. I'm conflicted.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I'd be inviting myself along too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Your kids probably laugh too bc they know you have sex. Moral convictions? Lmao you make no sense bc all you are doing is hiding it.
Quoting Anonymous:

What happened to moral convictions? I am in mhy 50's and have been dating my SO for 10 years now.

Guess what-when we go to my parent's house-we sleep in seperate beds.  Guess what else? My kids are 23 21 17 and 11. They have never seen him spend the night here unless he was in the guestroom.

It's called modeling behavior.   If you don't want your kids to be teen parents-don't let them see you shacked up and don't let them shack up-even on a temporary basis.

How am I hiding it? Do YOU announce to your kids you are going to get laid?   I mean when I was married we never announced we were getting laid. We did go out for date night. I don't think it was lying by not telliung the kids we planned on screwing after dinner.

God I can imagine some of you here-Daddy and I are going out to dinner, then we will come home , pay the sitter and fuck. We don't want you guys to think we are lying and sneaking around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM
If you know they have sex then what's the big deal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Are your kids stupid? Doubtful I am at least sure they are smart enough to know that by now you are having sex with the man.

What does putting a child through college have to do with anything? Such a ridiculous reason.

Who said anything about having sex in front of your kids? You are a bit out there and your cussing speaks volumes about your character and your morals.

You are sneaking. Not living together, sleep in different rooms. What morals are you teaching your children? Seriously why would they ask? They aren't idiots they dont need to ask.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: You realize the only thing she is teaching her children is to lie and sneak around right? Do you think her children dont know mom is having sex out of wedlock with a man who isn't marrying her for whatever reason? 10yrs lol they are sleeping together just hiding it.
Quoting Lifeisadream: Agree! Now it's more important to be liberal! No more teaching children NOT to do things that are possibly detrimental, let's just teach them that unethical behavior CAN be done without suffering consequences. Yeah, great lesson. (Sarcasm)
Quoting Anonymous: Oh those days are long gone. It's truly sad. I was raised with morals and I am raising my children to be the same way. Too bad too many parents these days don't care
Quoting Anonymous:

What happened to moral convictions? I am in mhy 50's and have been dating my SO for 10 years now.

Guess what-when we go to my parent's house-we sleep in seperate beds.  Guess what else? My kids are 23 21 17 and 11. They have never seen him spend the night here unless he was in the guestroom.

It's called modeling behavior.   If you don't want your kids to be teen parents-don't let them see you shacked up and don't let them shack up-even on a temporary basis.

We are not getting married for good reasons. Main among them is that I have 1 more kid to put thru college.

Why are you so sure my kids know we are having sex? We didn't for the first 2 years of our relationship.

In fact HAD we been able to get married-we would have waited. Since we have no intention of marrying-there was no need to wait beyond the 2 years we had alrady waied.

I see-so you should just fuck openly infront of your kid because...why?

Because if not you MUST be lying and sneaking around.  We go out on  DATES-to dinner to movies. How is that sneaking around?  How is that lying. My children have never thought to ask if we are having sex. And if thye did ask? I would tell them it wasn;t their business.  No need to lie OR sneak around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:57 AM

It sounds like both sets of parents allow the kids to have sex in their homes? Are you the type to allow them to be alone in their bedroom to have sex even when you're home etc? If that's the case I suppose you should just let them go. That's definitely not how I run my household but to each their own.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I'm flabbergasted. Really?? There's a difference between knowing what likely to happen and flat out knowing. Don't encourage them to have sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Are your kids stupid? Doubtful I am at least sure they are smart enough to know that by now you are having sex with the man. What does putting a child through college have to do with anything? Such a ridiculous reason. Who said anything about having sex in front of your kids? You are a bit out there and your cussing speaks volumes about your character and your morals. You are sneaking. Not living together, sleep in different rooms. What morals are you teaching your children? Seriously why would they ask? They aren't idiots they dont need to ask.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: You realize the only thing she is teaching her children is to lie and sneak around right? Do you think her children dont know mom is having sex out of wedlock with a man who isn't marrying her for whatever reason? 10yrs lol they are sleeping together just hiding it.
Quoting Lifeisadream: Agree! Now it's more important to be liberal! No more teaching children NOT to do things that are possibly detrimental, let's just teach them that unethical behavior CAN be done without suffering consequences. Yeah, great lesson. (Sarcasm)
Quoting Anonymous: Oh those days are long gone. It's truly sad. I was raised with morals and I am raising my children to be the same way. Too bad too many parents these days don't care
Quoting Anonymous:

We are not getting married for good reasons. Main among them is that I have 1 more kid to put thru college.

Why are you so sure my kids know we are having sex? We didn't for the first 2 years of our relationship.

In fact HAD we been able to get married-we would have waited. Since we have no intention of marrying-there was no need to wait beyond the 2 years we had alrady waied.

I see-so you should just fuck openly infront of your kid because...why?

Because if not you MUST be lying and sneaking around.  We go out on  DATES-to dinner to movies. How is that sneaking around?  How is that lying. My children have never thought to ask if we are having sex. And if thye did ask? I would tell them it wasn;t their business.  No need to lie OR sneak around.

What is lying about sleeping in seperate rooms? We do not live together. We are not married so we do not live together...why is that hard to understand?  Not sure how NOT shacking up has become some form of deceit.

It would be very unfair for me to expect him to help pay MY household bills while I was shelling out for college.

And he sure as hell wouldn't live her without contributing financially. Nor does he wish to sell either of his current houses-and I don't want to sell mine.

So do YOU announce when you are going to screw to your kids? Otherwise you must be lying to them.

abbyjm2013
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM
What exactly bugs you since your ok with them having sex? Lol
Justine1993
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd let her go as long as her grades were good and she was responsible.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:06 AM

That would be a big hell no from me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN