Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex put my daughter on BC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How would you feel if your ex and sm went behind your back and let dd get BC @ 15 ?
Then belly ring ? I'm so mad
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Details on how this came about? Did she talk to her father about it or something? I would probably be bummed if my daughter felt more comfortable talking to her father about it than with me, to be honest. But that's about it. I don't think a parent getting their child on BC is bad thing. Ideally teens wouldn't be having sex, but it happens and trying to be at least somewhat responsible is always a plus. And the belly ring...I don't see the issue in that either really. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Yes, but I want to know if he has joint legal custody.

Quoting Anonymous: You don't need custody for bc. The kid can do it, or the homeless man down the street can take them in.

Quoting Anonymous: Hormonal bc? Like the pill? Does he have joint legal custody?
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Not where I am, my daughter wanted a brow ring and can't. Darn lol

Quoting momoftwogirl55: No it's not with parent consent. My sister got hers done on her fifteenth birthday. Her mom just had to sign.

Quoting Canvas_says: Belly ring no, but it's illegal anyway. But birth control at least he's acting responsibly there.
Perle1
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:02 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous: Id say bm.probably does not have custody and has no say.

Is she on them because she needs them? Heavy periods? Endometrosis? Ir because the 15yo us a slut and having sex?

Women are not sluts for having sex. Access to birth control does not increase sexual activity. It decreases the pregnancy rate. A 15 year old can get contraception with out parental consent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Yes BC pills ...ex and I agreed not to put her on any . Now she thinks its a ticket to have sex.

Quoting Anonymous: Hormonal bc? Like the pill? Does he have joint legal custody?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM
We have 50/50 ....

Quoting Perle1:

Is she on them because she needs them? Heavy periods? Endometrosis? Ir because the 15yo us a slut and having sex?

Women are not sluts for having sex. Access to birth control does not increase sexual activity. It decreases the pregnancy rate. A 15 year old can get contraception with out parental consent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM

your ex didnt put her on anything, she put herself on bc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM
We have 50/50 .... We agreed to not make these chooses without both of us . Sm talked him into it .

Quoting Perle1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Where exactly? At 15 they need parental concent to even be seen by a Dr. At my ob the parent must remain in the room with all minors at all times.

Quoting Perle1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM
She wouldn't have done it without the ok of me or her dad

Quoting Anonymous:

your ex didnt put her on anything, she put herself on bc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)