Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex put my daughter on BC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How would you feel if your ex and sm went behind your back and let dd get BC @ 15 ?
Then belly ring ? I'm so mad
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
Texor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

You think by NOT putting your daughter on birth control you're going to keep her from having sex?  LMAO!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous: Yes BC pills ...ex and I agreed not to put her on any . Now she thinks its a ticket to have sex.
Quoting Anonymous: Hormonal bc? Like the pill? Does he have joint legal custody?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

so what, he drove her there no big deal, he couldnt make the appt for her and he couldnt talk to the drs for her. she did this on her own.

Quoting Anonymous: She wouldn't have done it without the ok of me or her dad
Quoting Anonymous:

your ex didnt put her on anything, she put herself on bc.

QuinnMae
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Maybe he knows that she is already having sex and doesn't want her to be I a position to make a a hard decision to either have the baby or have an abortion.  I would be pissed that he did it behind your back as this is a medical decision and both parents should be aware of what medications their kids are taking.  But as far as the why, it sounds like you need a better line of communication with your daughter.

the belly ring is just weird though.  

I'm guessing she asks her dad for things that you won't let her have because she knows he will give it to her.  

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd wonder what it is I've done (or not done) as the girl's mother that made her more comfortable asking her male parent for BC than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Oh! I guess I didn't realize it was different from place to place. (I blame lack of sleep for not fully thinking).
That does suck though. Can they do it at sixteen?

Quoting Canvas_says: Not where I am, my daughter wanted a brow ring and can't. Darn lol

Quoting momoftwogirl55: No it's not with parent consent. My sister got hers done on her fifteenth birthday. Her mom just had to sign.

Quoting Canvas_says: Belly ring no, but it's illegal anyway. But birth control at least he's acting responsibly there.
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Well considering he's not allowed to come within 100 feet of her I'd have him arrested.

In an alternate reality I wouldn't be to happy.
grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds to me like you and ex could take some parenting lessons from SM then.  If you have a child that is even thinking about being sexually active, she should be on the pill...and also talked to about still using other form of BC as well just to make sure. 

Quoting Anonymous: We have 50/50 .... We agreed to not make these chooses without both of us . Sm talked him into it .
Quoting Perle1:
Quoting Anonymous: Id say bm.probably does not have custody and has no say. Is she on them because she needs them? Heavy periods? Endometrosis? Ir because the 15yo us a slut and having sex?
Women are not sluts for having sex. Access to birth control does not increase sexual activity. It decreases the pregnancy rate. A 15 year old can get contraception with out parental consent.

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:13 AM
She can at 18, but she's already outgrown the idea thankfully. She's 16 now.

Quoting momoftwogirl55: Oh! I guess I didn't realize it was different from place to place. (I blame lack of sleep for not fully thinking).
That does suck though. Can they do it at sixteen?

Quoting Canvas_says: Not where I am, my daughter wanted a brow ring and can't. Darn lol

Quoting momoftwogirl55: No it's not with parent consent. My sister got hers done on her fifteenth birthday. Her mom just had to sign.

Quoting Canvas_says: Belly ring no, but it's illegal anyway. But birth control at least he's acting responsibly there.
Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:15 AM

In NY you wouldn't be in the room during a GYN exam unless the PATIENT  wants you there.  

Quoting Anonymous: Where exactly? At 15 they need parental concent to even be seen by a Dr. At my ob the parent must remain in the room with all minors at all times.
Quoting Perle1:
Quoting Anonymous: Id say bm.probably does not have custody and has no say. Is she on them because she needs them? Heavy periods? Endometrosis? Ir because the 15yo us a slut and having sex?
Women are not sluts for having sex. Access to birth control does not increase sexual activity. It decreases the pregnancy rate. A 15 year old can get contraception with out parental consent.

Katt709
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:17 AM
In the room!? Wow. No way would I have allowed my mom to be in the room while I was being examined.

That's a horrible thing to require.

Quoting Anonymous: Where exactly? At 15 they need parental concent to even be seen by a Dr. At my ob the parent must remain in the room with all minors at all times.

Quoting Perle1:
Quoting Anonymous: Id say bm.probably does not have custody and has no say.

Is she on them because she needs them? Heavy periods? Endometrosis? Ir because the 15yo us a slut and having sex?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN