Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex put my daughter on BC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How would you feel if your ex and sm went behind your back and let dd get BC @ 15 ?
Then belly ring ? I'm so mad
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow.
I like the idea of waiting till 18.
Here starting at fifteen they can get anything with parental consent, except the genital regions.

Quoting Canvas_says: She can at 18, but she's already outgrown the idea thankfully. She's 16 now.

Quoting momoftwogirl55: Oh! I guess I didn't realize it was different from place to place. (I blame lack of sleep for not fully thinking).
That does suck though. Can they do it at sixteen?

Quoting Canvas_says: Not where I am, my daughter wanted a brow ring and can't. Darn lol

Quoting momoftwogirl55: No it's not with parent consent. My sister got hers done on her fifteenth birthday. Her mom just had to sign.

Quoting Canvas_says: Belly ring no, but it's illegal anyway. But birth control at least he's acting responsibly there.
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I would be livid that this medical decision was not discussed with me. The belly ring would be coming out. I'm pierced and tatooed, I believe in birth control. None of those things make him doing that behind my back OK.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
If bc is her "ticket to sex" , she was going to have sex regardless. Only it wouldn't have been protected. She could go alone herself, and get bc. So him taking her is irrelevant.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes BC pills ...ex and I agreed not to put her on any . Now she thinks its a ticket to have sex.

Quoting Anonymous: Hormonal bc? Like the pill? Does he have joint legal custody?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, it's unlikely he just woke up one morning and said, "Gee, I think I'll put my daughter on the pill". Your daughter probably approached her dad and step mom and asked about it, which was very responsible on her part. Had she mentioned anything to you before?

Regardless of how it occurred, yes, I would have been upset as hell that it was done without my knowledge. A phone call would have been nice. And a belly button ring? Um, NO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM

nope i wouldn't be mad- there are way worse things to worry about.

SeymoreButts
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Birth control I would be fine with.
Belly ring I would be mad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM
It was sm who wanted her on it

Quoting Anonymous: Well, it's unlikely he just woke up one morning and said, "Gee, I think I'll put my daughter on the pill". Your daughter probably approached her dad and step mom and asked about it, which was very responsible on her part. Had she mentioned anything to you before?

Regardless of how it occurred, yes, I would have been upset as hell that it was done without my knowledge. A phone call would have been nice. And a belly button ring? Um, NO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Lol it is not illegal for me to go and get my DD's belly pierced.

OP I would have no issue really. Apparently there is a reason my child didnt come to me about BC and I would be more worried about that.

Quoting Canvas_says: Belly ring no, but it's illegal anyway. But birth control at least he's acting responsibly there.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:32 AM
From how this sounds I'd be pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:33 AM
So you are saying your DD doesn't want it? She can't be forced to take a pill.

Why do people leave necessary details out of their OP and then add to it as people disagree with them?!

Quoting Anonymous: It was sm who wanted her on it

Quoting Anonymous: Well, it's unlikely he just woke up one morning and said, "Gee, I think I'll put my daughter on the pill". Your daughter probably approached her dad and step mom and asked about it, which was very responsible on her part. Had she mentioned anything to you before?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN