Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex put my daughter on BC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How would you feel if your ex and sm went behind your back and let dd get BC @ 15 ?
Then belly ring ? I'm so mad
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
morriganna
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:48 AM

How fortunate for her that she has a parent she can trust to help her get contraception. 

The belly ring is different though, I'd be pissed. 

CannonMomof3
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:51 AM
I'd be furious. Can't stop him from allowing her BC at their home but I certainly can at my home. That would not fly nor would the belly ring.
ajdahd13
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Her father isn't just "someone". He's her parent too. I'd prefer him to discuss it with me, but honesty I would be fine with it. Neither one of those are a big deal.
besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I would be mad if they did it behind my back. I would be hurt that my daughter didn't feel comfortable enough to ask me about it.

But I'd rather her be on BC than become pregnant.

WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Be glad she is protected and not pregnant.

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I wouldn't be mad about the bc. I might be mildly annoyed about the belly ring.

Nutball3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Honestly I would be great with my daughter on bc. What concerns me is the lack of communication between you and ex and you and dd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Why did he think she needed to be on birth control?
dockyswifey
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Good for him and sm!!!! I'd rather have my dd on BC than risk the chance of her getting pregnant. I would hope at 15 my daughter wouldn't be having sex. But BC also helps with regulating periods, helping with cramps and helping with heavy flows.

At least sm and her dad had common sense.

The belly ring wouldn't bother me much at all. Better than having her nipples or tongue pierced!!
Perle1
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous: Where exactly? At 15 they need parental concent to even be seen by a Dr. At my ob the parent must remain in the room with all minors at all times.

Quoting Perle1:
Quoting Anonymous: Id say bm.probably does not have custody and has no say.

Is she on them because she needs them? Heavy periods? Endometrosis? Ir because the 15yo us a slut and having sex?

Women are not sluts for having sex. Access to birth control does not increase sexual activity. It decreases the pregnancy rate. A 15 year old can get contraception with out parental consent.

I'm an OB/Gyn and it is illegal in TN and MO (and I believe in the US) to divulge confidential patient information regarding gynecologic care to anyone without patient consent. Including parents. We are obliged to report imminent danger such as abuse or suicidality, but prohibited from discussing medical care unless the patient consents to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)