Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heartbroken :'( UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 299 Replies
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is Brasco. He's our almost 12 yr old Cane Corso and the oldest member or our fury family. I got Brasco for my husband when he was just 8 Wks old and he has been our best friend since. Our hearts at now breaking because the time has come that we have to do what's hardest for us but best for him. Between his cancer and arthritis he's just in too much pain and the meds are no longer working for him. My husband just called me from work crying because he set the vet appointment for today. I don't even know how to console him :'(

I'm posting here because I needed to talk about it but I didn't want to put it on my Facebook. Sometimes it's easier when the audience doesn't really know you.

UPDATE:
We left the vet a little while ago. That was the hardest thing I've had to witness right under holding my father in law's hand when he took his last breath. Ironically my FIL loved Brasco to pieces and while he was in hospice, non-verbal and in terrible pain from the lung cancer, we brought Brasco to see him and his eyes lot up while Brasco licked him over and over again. My husband is in pieces. I've only seen him like this at his father's funeral. I know Brasco died peacefully and I'm happy we got to say goodbye.

I can't thank you all enough for your kind words. I can't like every single comment or quote each one of you with my four boys running around, but I want to thank you all deeply from the bottom of my heart. The kind words and sentiments have been so heartwarming that I can't express my gratitude in words. You're all amazing!
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:01 PM
((Hugs)) I'm so sorry!! Losing a furbaby is so hard.
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Aww I'm sorry, that must be so tough. You're doing the right thing, just remember that. He's cute :)
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM
He looks like he was very loved and happy. Except for the picture with the baby. That one is kinda like, "What the hell is this?" He's very handsome and I'm sure he knows how much his family loves him.
bubble_guts
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I'm sorry.
We lost our corso 2yrs ago to cancer :(

I so know how you're feeling. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

two4one
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Oh hon, I am so, so sorry. I unfortuantely have been through this a couple times myself. Just know that you are doing one final loving act for your big boy. Are you going to be with him? It is difficult, but it helped to ease my heart knowing I was there for my babies when they took their last breath. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. It is so hard to do that
Texor
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry, mama.  It's so hard to lose a fur kid.

lunabella79
You just made me laugh! Thank you ;)

Quoting Nutrition_Guru: He looks like he was very loved and happy. Except for the picture with the baby. That one is kinda like, "What the hell is this?" He's very handsome and I'm sure he knows how much his family loves him.
lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Danesmommy1: ((Hugs)) I'm so sorry!! Losing a furbaby is so hard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)