Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just because I work in a call center, doesn't give you the right to.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

So I work in a call center. I've done so for quite a few years. My department is called escalations so I'm the end of the line when it comes to phone calls for customers. Beyond my department, you can write a letter to corporate which is just another group of people from the same department as me but they write letters and emails.

Normally I'm a very thick skinned person and keep my cool under all types of situations. But tonight, was just  not my night. My last call was a guy that was upset over a fee. A rather large fee that he did generate and I could not waive it as it is a part of our contract.

So he wanted to debate it, I said, "Simply put, this is what you agreed to when you signed up for service and this is what the contract stated that you signed. I would be happy to send you out a copy of this contract in 7-10 busines days".

This customer was not having it and turned me into a verbal punching bag. Everytime I tried to speak, he'd speak over me which is fine. I'll wait but I'm still not waiving that fee. Eventually this turned into threats of physical violence and sexual harrassment. I got tired of it and noticed that he was in the same city and state as I was so I knew that he would know where we are and he mentioned he knew where we are located. So I finally told him that one more threat and I would release the call. The customer had already refused to speak with a MALE supervisor and he didn't want to disconnect the call. So I did it for him and contacted our local police to file a complaint.

People like that just seriously irritate me. What gives you the right to make physical threats of violence or sexual threats to a complete stranger over the phone just because you're not getting your way?!

Hope he enjoys the visit from local police. I'm waiting on their call back right now since they came and took a statement.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
VintageWife
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:19 AM
My DD did that also and I'm always amazed at how rude people are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Quoting luckysevenwow: My DD did that also and I'm always amazed at how rude people are.

I try not to be amazed at how rude some are but this guy was just over the top. It made my skin crawl hearing how graphic he would get at times. Luckily, the call was recorded and the police got to hear it while taking a statement. Hence the reason they are pursing this otherwise, I think it would end up being more of a he said she said type of situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)