Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Upstaging the bride in this dress?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 356 Replies
My BIL is marrying his girlfriend in April. I own a dress very similar to this one (except it is Pale Green). Sil is afraid it will "upstage her" so she requested that I wear something else. This is the only dress I own that isn't black and un-weddingish. I don't have the money to buy anything else so I am thinking about not going. Pic in replies.

FAQs:
1. The dress is PALE GREEN, not WHITE.

Edit - I talked to BIL and told him that I don't think I am going to be coming. He really wants me o come so I explained the dress issue and we are working something out maybe.

Edit - BIL told me to wear the black dress. SIL didn't want that either. BIL offered to buy me one since she is having problems (his words, "what's the big deal, it's a fucking cute green dress!") We will see what she says...

Edit 3 - Apparently she got pissed when BIL mentioned to her that he was going to buy me a dress, they got into an argument because "he doesn't see why I can't wear the green dress" and now she is "calling the whole wedding off". I will update as things progress.

Edit 4 - Im just not going. Other SIL is wearing this dress (http://fashionattractive.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/one-shoulder-dress-sub-result.jpg) and I don't see how mine isnt appropriate/to her liking. It isn't worth the stress, so I will just stay home.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:24 AM
I can't see the picture.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I see no pic

lovinmybabe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:24 AM
?
greenlove2013
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Pic?
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Haven't seen the dress but it's her wedding and you should respect her wishes. Don't pout. You can go to ross and get a nice dress for under $20
newmom121812
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Waiting for picture...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Bump
mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting greenlove2013: Pic?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Bump for pics
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)