Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home remedies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Post some of yours or some that you've used. (more than just what im asking about lol)

I need one for a cough for my 5 year old. (hes been sick for 3 weeks and his antibiotics arent working and the doctor wont listen to me so i need a little help)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this

HONEY........  Warm tea and lemon juice.......... chicken broth ,  What is his diagnosis for the cough?   We never used antibiotics and used a pllug in waterless vaporizer for dd when she has a nagging cough.

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:38 AM
LOCAL honey.

Lemon, hot tea, gargle with salt water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Vicks vapor rub on the soles of his feet cover with socks.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
You could even have him take spoonfuls of coconut oil or heat up lemon, coconut oil and honey as a cough medicine.
lnrmom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Honey
Lemon
Hot tea

Chicken noodle soup. Homemade. Heavy garlic and lots of veggies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:44 AM

he had an ear infection 3 weeks ago. His brothers and sister got pink eye. His sister also had pneumonia and his step dad had the flu. So im not sure if this is from allergies or what

Quoting Anonymous:

HONEY........  Warm tea and lemon juice.......... chicken broth ,  What is his diagnosis for the cough?   We never used antibiotics and used a pllug in waterless vaporizer for dd when she has a nagging cough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:44 AM

ive tried this and on his chest and it seems to make him cough more. i think the smell irritates his throat

Quoting Anonymous: Vicks vapor rub on the soles of his feet cover with socks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:49 AM
He may need a different antibiotic. Did he have a chest xray done? 3 weeks is a long time.

Quoting Anonymous:

he had an ear infection 3 weeks ago. His brothers and sister got pink eye. His sister also had pneumonia and his step dad had the flu. So im not sure if this is from allergies or what

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Sounds like he could have pnomonia too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:26 AM

no. hes had strep in the past too and it was going around his school and i told the doctor that and she pretty much ignored me. i bet he either has pneumonia or strep throat

Quoting Anonymous: He may need a different antibiotic. Did he have a chest xray done? 3 weeks is a long time.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)