Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can you not have a bank account?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM
  • 418 Replies
Sometimes I see ads that don't make sense to me. Like the KLS pre paid Rush cards or Walmart's check cashing service. I don't get why someone would chose to pay extra fees for something they can get for free (or almost free) with a bank account.

For those of you that DON'T have a bank account, why?

ETA: Wow, I didn't realize how much people had to say about this. A lot of the reasons people had I never would have thought of. I still think having a bank account would be better, but to each her own. Thanks for the answers!
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:17 AM
I would hate not having one. I know someone who doesn't have one because nobody will give her one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM

I dunno. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I wonder this too. It's so strange. How can you go through life like that?

TurtleMami
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Why won't they give her one?

Quoting ColieO: I would hate not having one. I know someone who doesn't have one because nobody will give her one.
nelliesmommy
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Idk. I have one.
BIMOM21
by Andi on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM
5 moms liked this
No need for one. I use Rushcard, I only pay 5 dollars a month and free ATM withdrawals. I use that because I get my paycheck anywhere between 2 to 4 days earlier than I'm supposed to.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Because she has two previous accounts in collections.

Quoting TurtleMami: Why won't they give her one?

Quoting ColieO: I would hate not having one. I know someone who doesn't have one because nobody will give her one.
tisha826
by Tisha on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I Have one, some people may not be able to open one up, if they owe other banks money because they over drafted their account and it closed, then you can get in check systems, making it difficult to open another.
TurtleMami
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Do they pay you interest?

Quoting BIMOM21: No need for one. I use Rushcard, I only pay 5 dollars a month and free ATM withdrawals. I use that because I get my paycheck anywhere between 2 to 4 days earlier than I'm supposed to.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Why pay any fees at all?

Quoting BIMOM21: No need for one. I use Rushcard, I only pay 5 dollars a month and free ATM withdrawals. I use that because I get my paycheck anywhere between 2 to 4 days earlier than I'm supposed to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)