Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this?(work)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My friend and I work together . I got her the job.
Anyways she has a cocky attitude ,customers have complained and just in general there have been issues... But she's a great friend she just has a kinda cocky attitude.

Anyways she was sick today and my SO went into work and worked for cash and did her job which is pumping gas , the supervisor was asking him if he liked it and if he worked there how would he like that etc..

I was taking to her and she was hinting they might let my friend go, and if they did would I be okay with SO working ? Well I feel like if that happened it would ruin our friendship !

She has been looking for other work and were both going back to school , however I just feel shady and like it's going to upset her , I'd love. sO to get a job he's been looking since October but idk what to do... I have to quit come end of August and he'd be the one working.

Idk I feel shady like he'd be stealing her job but I think before he came along it was a thought... Anyone what would you do? Bc it's going to look like we were conspiring against her if it turns out that way
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:04 AM

It would not be like "YOU" fired her! You are giving your honest opinion! It does not sound to me like she 'likes' her job there, so why would she even care if she was let go?? Its a dog-eat-dog world! If it was me, I would tell them I was fine with her being let go so your DH can work there! It sounds like he WANTS AND NEEDS this job and he will probably be a lot better with the customers than she is!! Even if you don't say anything, it sounds like she's going to be let go sooner than later just from what you've stated about how she acts/complaints etc!! Good luck!! I still say your DH should get the job and she should be let go! 

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Do what is best for your family always first. She would have lost her job fairly anyway and it could have been another Joe off the street instead of your DH. You don't know for sure they will fire her. You cannot conspire against anyone if you didn't know it was going to happen. She might be mad at first but a real friend doesn't blame others for their misfortune.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Thanks that is how I feel to, I have a people pleasing problem

Quoting Anonymous:

It would not be like "YOU" fired her! You are giving your honest opinion! It does not sound to me like she 'likes' her job there, so why would she even care if she was let go?? Its a dog-eat-dog world! If it was me, I would tell them I was fine with her being let go so your DH can work there! It sounds like he WANTS AND NEEDS this job and he will probably be a lot better with the customers than she is!! Even if you don't say anything, it sounds like she's going to be let go sooner than later just from what you've stated about how she acts/complaints etc!! Good luck!! I still say your DH should get the job and she should be let go! 

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:06 AM

If her customer service skills are SO BAD that she can't even be nice to people while pumping their gas then she deserves to be fired and they will probably fire her no matter what. And further more, if she gets so mad at you that she thinks you "conspired" to get her fired then GOOD RIDDANCE I say! By the way "cocky" is just a FINE line away from "bitchy"....and it sounds like she crossed it a looonnng time ago. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I know my SO will work hard for them and though I sometimes hate my job they've been good to me!

Quoting Kenre: Do what is best for your family always first. She would have lost her job fairly anyway and it could have been another Joe off the street instead of your DH. You don't know for sure they will fire her. You cannot conspire against anyone if you didn't know it was going to happen. She might be mad at first but a real friend doesn't blame others for their misfortune.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Well if a customer is rude to her she will give them attitude , and than they come into me cranky. She told one guy if he was rude he can pump his own fuel . We're knower as full deride for a reason , ppl come to us for a reason

Quoting yummypeaches:

If her customer service skills are SO BAD that she can't even be nice to people while pumping their gas then she deserves to be fired and they will probably fire her no matter what. And further more, if she gets so mad at you that she thinks you "conspired" to get her fired then GOOD RIDDANCE I say! By the way "cocky" is just a FINE line away from "bitchy"....and it sounds like she crossed it a looonnng time ago. 

TurtleMami
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:10 AM
I would ask your boss to not tell her you knew, and then act all surprised.
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Well people who WANT their job don't "give them attitude". If a customer wants to look her in the eye and tell her she's a stupid cow then she should keep her mouth shut and pump their gas. Because that is the kind of crap you put up with when you work in customer service. If she can't handle it then she should find another occupation. She needs to grow up or kick rocks. 

Quoting Anonymous: Well if a customer is rude to her she will give them attitude , and than they come into me cranky. She told one guy if he was rude he can pump his own fuel . We're knower as full deride for a reason , ppl come to us for a reason
Quoting yummypeaches:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Lol i think I might do that

Quoting TurtleMami: I would ask your boss to not tell her you knew, and then act all surprised.
FoxFire363
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:20 AM
If they want to let her go, they will anyway. They will just replace her with someone else. At least this way your SO who needs a job pretty badly, if he's been looking that long, gets the job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)