Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you trust your husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 239 Replies
3 moms liked this
Or your SO enough to not snoop around his things, how will you ever know of he's cheating? What if he was screwing around behind your back and you were absolutely oblivious to it because you "trust" him?
Sure, chances are, the truth may come out eventually but I don't believe that is always the case. You may think your SO would never ever ever do such a thing... But HOW do you know this for sure? Especially if you never go through his things or take the time to investigate?
A friend of mine was one of those women who "knew" her husband would never want another woman, let alone, look at another woman.
One day, one of her husband's co worker's, and also a friend of hers, told her that her husband wasn't being faithful. At first she was skeptical ans insulted but eventually, it got to her and she finally went through his things. Sure, enough. He was having an affair with his trainee. A physical affair, mostly. She left him..
But my question is, what if she had never got that call from her husbands co worker? What if he had got away with this & never got caught for it? I think its OK to look every once in a while, whether you trust the guy or not. Because you just NEVER KNOW
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I think honestly many women don't want to know. I know finding out about my husbands emotional affair left me undone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:04 AM
My husband would never be able to keep it locked up. So bed eventually come forth. Sure, like you said it may take time but I know he would tell me. If my husband did cheat it would be really obvious though lol. He doesn't ever use the computer and we share a cell phone. He works overnights so he's home all say sleeping and he works with my brother and they have the same schedule if he didn't show up my brother would call asking if okay. So signs would be easy to tell.
kntrymama08
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:05 AM
26 moms liked this
I trust him, plain and simple. I don't understand how that is such a difficult concept. I couldn't be with someone I don't trust. Besides...my husband doesn't have the time for it he leaves for work at 430 and is home right after work. He never goes anywhere or does anything else, he's a complete homebody outside of work. If his behaviors majorly changed, I'd talk to him...if I felt like I had to stoop down and start to snoop through my husbands stuff, I wouldn't be with him because I obviously wouldn't have any trust.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I am aware of signs and if I ask to use his phone and he has no worries then why he worried? Now if its always locked and he won't let me use it- I'd snoop. If he was gone all the time or acting shady, I'd investigate. Not behind his back. But... As of now... Compared to my ex cheater... I have nothing to worry about. Yet. Lol I'm cautious ;)
mandaday
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:15 AM
10 moms liked this

I don't think I could live like that. You know, always looking for something he's doing wrong and playing detective. If I'm wrong about him and he plays me for a fool, so be it. But in the meantime, I chose to give him trust.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:22 AM
2 moms liked this
lol @ he doesn't have time. My MIL couldn't understand how my husband had time to cheat.

They make time. Duh !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:29 AM
7 moms liked this
We all trust our husbands until they do something fucked up. To say "I just trust him. I couldn't be with someone I don't trust" is being really naive.
jbmom2009
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I found out my husband was texting another woman. To this day he still can't tell me why. I guess that's why he's getting ready to become my ex husband. I knew something was up because I was always seeing this same number on our phone bill. But long story short I started getting curious when his phone became his new best friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:56 AM
2 moms liked this
You don't need to snoop to tell differences
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:03 AM

My husband and I don't have separate things, really.  I mean, he has his own dresser and his car but we share a checking account, we don't have cell phones (just a landline), a computer, we even have the same co-workers, we just work opposite shifts.  When I'm not working and at home, he calls a few times a day, we just have no secrets, no things of each other's to snoop through.  Everything is literally shared betwee us and there's never been any question of infedelity.

We've been married for 12 years and have three children together. Our life is an open book to each other.  That's just how we've always been with each other, we're married, not dating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)