Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I have just employed a second Mum lol!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

I had been looking for a part time housekeeper for a while now, maybe 20-30 hours a week, just to get through the stuff that I cant. On my walk to work, I go through our local university where they have all the students CV's for little bits of work here and there, and one caught my eye. A nursing student looking for around 24 hours a week doing exactly what I needed.

Well, I called her, interviewed her, and she was absolutely perfect. She's now been with since December, and she's perfect - gets everything done and above! But now I kind of feel like a shitty Mum, as she regularly tucks DD in at night after story time.

It got kind of weird last week (on my birthday) when she gave me a new lube to use with DH as she said that the one we were using was "too full of chemicals"

Should I just be insanely happy that I have found such a lovely person to be involved in my life, or should I ask her to back up a little.

-To put stock to the lube thing, I did leave it out in plain view.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Yeah that would throw me off as well since housekeepers should be "blind"to those types of things.  No clue how to go forward.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:39 AM
That's creepy
AmandH0611
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:41 AM
She is a nursing student, she may just be looking out for your health since you left it out in plain view...
pinkiebabii
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:41 AM
I would just be happy. If you want to do the tucking in, just tell her you will be doing it.

The lube thing wouldn't bother me at all. She cares about your lady bits lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:43 AM
That seems a little weird about the lube, but she probably meant well and as you said, you left it in plain view. If she does anything else "inappropriate," then have a talk with her. If it happens after that, let her go. At this point, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. You are very happy with her, why ruin a good thing?
want10more
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this

uh, yeah, that would creep me out a lil. remember that movie 'the hand that rocks the cradle'? ewwww i'd put my foot down a little bit i think....... but maybe i'm just too touchy, dunno.

Mummy_Mel
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:48 AM

It's really a hard one to work out. I love that when I'm not home, I have a nearly qualified nurse at home, and as far as the lube thing goes - my fault totally. The whole family adores her, and she has even made a few meals for my Grandmother who is in care. I'm thinking that i've got Mary Poppins crossed with a non drug addicted nurse jackie, and that i should just embrace it now. She even gave back her Christmas Tip, because "It's such a pleasure being around you"

MAybe I haven't employed a new Mum, perhaps I've adopted an eldest daughter!

pistolpink
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:52 AM
I would feel like she crossed a line but that's just me.
Justine1993
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:55 AM
This. I'd be happy. And if u wanna tuck dd in then tuck her in.

Quoting AmandH0611: She is a nursing student, she may just be looking out for your health since you left it out in plain view...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)