Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is this offensive? do YOU think it is?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Some people look for things to be offended about.

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Everything can't be off limits.  I think it would be offensive if you pulled that prank on/around someone you knew was struggling to conceive, but you don't always know everyone's situation.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:04 AM
This

Quoting seemommyrun:

Everything can't be off limits.  I think it would be offensive if you pulled that prank on/around someone you knew was struggling to conceive, but you don't always know everyone's situation.  

livric
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this

are you wanting to know if the meme is offensive or announcing a fake pregnancy is offensive???   the meme is in no way offensive,  and to me I find announcing fake pregnancies is in very bad taste rather than offensive.  I am also an infertile woman who went through 7 years IVF with egg donor so  I can kinda see it from both sides.   ( I now have 2 gorgeous kids btw :)  )  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:08 AM

If you have never dealt with infertility or a miscarriage than I would imagine you couldnt relate.

Therefore are insensitive to others in this emotionally painful situation.Enjoy the joke because of course its not on you.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:10 AM
I don't think DH would appreciate that joke, but he never struggled with infertility...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM
2 moms liked this
The butthurt is just strong with some people. We live in a snowflake world where everything is offensive. We should probably just do away April fools as to not hurt anyones feelers.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:18 AM

I saw some asshat pretend they had cancer for april fools. It was stupid, but oh well...I didn't get butthurt. They're the fucking dumbass. Not me.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:20 AM
My sister is infertile.
They took her uterus, not her sense of humor.
I don't think it's insensitive at all. It's a joke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)